21 for 21 from IceFyre!!!

BIGGUN

Avid Member
Well, on Feb 27 IceFyre became daddy to 21 eggs. As the weeks went on all 21 eggs proved viable and now 6 1/2 monthes later I have 21 babies!!!!:eek:

Here's IceFyre for those who haven't seen him.

mar1608.jpg

Here's Ouroboros, the dam, after laying her second clutch from IceFyre.

digging_4_12_08__3.jpg

Here's Ouroborus' sire.

woodrow_sire_to_ouroborus.jpg

I can't wait to see how these little guys turn out!

I have to find time to take pics.

Kevin

They're a nice looking bunch you have there !
I was just wondering what your are using for a egglaying substrate ? I was under the assumption most people used a sand/soil mixture but I couldnt figure out from the photo what that light cream colored mixture stuck to the female was ?

WOW! Is that a special light on your male cham or are those his natural colours? His name suits perfectly...he's on FIRE

I use wet play sand for my egg laying substrate. I put about 6 inches in a kitty litter bucket, cut a 3" hole in the lid and place her climbing vine into the bucket through the hole. My girls have laid 5 clutches this way and all have been layed within 24 hours of introducing the bucket.

She layed a second clutch on April 12 but I had bred them again to try to ensure good eggs. In June she laid a retained clutch with only one of about 16 eggs being viable.

Thanks John/Cyndi. I'm worried about getting them all to do well.........first time and all.

By the way IceFyre was Chameleon Kingdom, sired by Yoda (What a looker!)

Kevin

Addicted,

The pic was taken under an aquarium grow light in the front, and Repti-Glo 5.0 and regular bulb in the middle and back of the cage.

He always had AMAZING reds, teals and blues.

Thanks again for the comments,
Kevin

They're a nice looking bunch you have there !
I was just wondering what your are using for a egglaying substrate ? I was under the assumption most people used a sand/soil mixture but I couldnt figure out from the photo what that light cream colored mixture stuck to the female was ?

mash potatoes!

no seriously...

Well they are at the 4 week mark and are all still doing fine. They are eating pinheads and seem to be healthy. They also have 27 brothers and sisters that are just over 2 weeks.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom