• Poll closed .

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Video Contest
2017 1Q
view entries

Prizes:
A combined total of $400 in store credit from the sponsors listed below.

chameleons_international.jpg
chameleon_paradise.jpg
greatlakes_hornworm.jpg
mantis_place.jpg

fullthrottlefeeders.png

Dates
Entry Deadline: March 6, 2017 *
Voting Ends: March 27, 2017

Rules
You may only enter videos that you personally own and captured.
Unless contradicted here, all photo contest rules apply to video contests.
No commercial advertising of any kind.
Video content must be of a chameleon.
Video content must be appropriate for kids.
Video length must be at least 30 seconds.
Videos that break the above rules will be removed.
We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time and to remove any entry for any reason found necessary.

How to enter
Video contest entries must be hosted on one of the following approved media sites: Youtube, Dailymotion, Facebook, Liveleak, Metacafe and Vimeo. To enter a contest simply paste your video's address to the contest category linked below.

Voting
Voting will proceed in the same manner as the photo contests.

Feedback
Our video contest is still in its infancy stages and the rules will continue to evolve. If you have a suggestion please create a new thread in the photo contest forum.

* The entry deadline will be extended until at least 10 valid entries have been received.

Last edited:
2017_contest.jpg

video_medals.png

Last edited:
@Nursemaia It looks like Facebook uses multiple addresses. To get the right link go to your Facebook video section. I sent you a private message with more info.

Because of the way Facebook is designed a thumbnail image will not automatically be created for videos added to the gallery. You can add custom thumbnails for videos and I suggest that if you're using Facebook for the contest.

A new trophy has been added for members that enter their first video contest. We already had one for photo contests.
trophy_media4.png

We still have over two weeks before the entry deadline. The top 5 videos will each receive a prize ranging in value from $50 to $150.

Yay finally got my video uploaded. Gave up on trying to do it through Facebook so I joined Vimeo and it worked when I did it through them. All votes for Cam and nomnomnomnom.

Update:
The prize total is now $400 :)

$150 Chameleons International
$100 Chameleon Paradise
$050 Mantis Place
$050 Great Lakes Hornworm
$050 Full Throttle Feeders

The top 5 videos will receive a prize. First place will pick their favorite from the list above. Second place will pick from the remaining prizes, etc. Only the top 3 videos will get a medal: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Say someone was to win, and the first place person wanted to pick one of the more expensive prizes, which from the price of $100 and $150, I'm assuming it's a gift certificate to buy a new chameleon. Sounds like a great deal, but does the gift certificate expire by chance? Like, say someone was to win first place and wanted the $150 prize as their first pick but didn't have the room and/or equipment for a new chameleon just yet...... can they hold onto that gift certificate for a while or does it expire at some point?

Say someone was to win, and the first place person wanted to pick one of the more expensive prizes, which from the price of $100 and $150, I'm assuming it's a gift certificate to buy a new chameleon. Sounds like a great deal, but does the gift certificate expire by chance? Like, say someone was to win first place and wanted the $150 prize as their first pick but didn't have the room and/or equipment for a new chameleon just yet...... can they hold onto that gift certificate for a while or does it expire at some point?
I actually did not discuss an expiration date with the individual sponsors. I think a few months would be safe, but beyond that winners may want to verify with the sponsor before choosing a prize.

Back
Top Bottom