2013 Chameleon Calendar

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Our previous calendar was a great success and contained many beautiful chameleon photos. I'm hoping we can build something even better for 2013.

Entry Deadline: September 8
[email protected]

calendar12_cover.jpg

calendar12sample2.jpg
calendar12sample3.jpg

Rules
  1. Only two entries per member.
  2. Anything less than 2300x1800 will not be considered. Larger images preferred.
  3. Landscape orientation. Maximum resolution. No Humans.
  4. Please try to avoid compression artifacts and pixelation.
  5. Minor post processing is allowed if natural look maintained.
  6. All legal terms from the [thread=102]photo contest[/thread] apply.

Info
Text will be added to each calender photo in order to identify the species and photographer.

To help build a diverse calendar, we will continue the process used last year and group entries into multiple categories. Some photo contest entries from over the past year are likely to be included as well. This means there will be multiple polls to determine the final calendar content. In addition to these categories there will be specific voting for the calendar cover.

For 2012 we designed a standard sized calendar. Depending on the number of entries and their sizes there may be additional options for 2013 (oversized, vertical, etc).

Prize
The top three entries from the calendar cover vote will receive a free calendar. All proceeds originating from calendar sales will go towards the cost of maintaining Chameleon Forums.

How to Enter
Please note the size and resolution requirements above. Entries have the potential of being very large files. There are three methods you may use to enter your photo(s). So that you know the status of your entry, I will reply to let you know your photo has been received and if there are any problems. If you do not get this reply within a couple days then your entry was not received and you should contact me.
[email protected]

1.) Email your entry as an attachment to the address above.
2.) Email or pm me a link to your photo.
3.) Upload your photo to the calendar section of our gallery.

Note
We are striving for natural looking high quality photos. Entries should be what one would expect from a store bought photo calendar. Veileds and panthers will probably be in the calendar a few times due to their captive populations. Keep in mind the calendar will try to show a variety of species. This means that entries representing more unique species will have a better chance of being included in the calendar. If needed some previous photo contest entries that meet the requirements will be used. The information listed here may change at any time.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can my real name be listed on calendar photos instead of my username? What about my company name?
Yes, you can request your real name or company name. We reserve the right to refuse inappropriate names.​

2. If my photo is in the calendar do I get a percentage of sales?
No. Calendar sales are used to help pay for photo and video contest prizes. The top ranking participants will receive a free calendar.​

3. How many photos can I enter?
No more than two entries per member.​

4. What size should the photos be?
Calendar entries should be at least 2300x1800. The file size of each photo should be less than 10mb.​

5. When will the new 2013 calendars be available
We currently plan to have the calendars available November 1st.​

Last edited:
I look forward to the next calendar - always good quality and great pictures. Im also happy to being able to - in a small way - help support this forum.

wish I had more time to enter! the weather here only just started to get warm enough to go outside for photos.

I look forward to the next calendar - always good quality and great pictures. Im also happy to being able to - in a small way - help support this forum.

wish I had more time to enter! the weather here only just started to get warm enough to go outside for photos.

Are you an I the only ones who want to see are babies in calender form?! come on people! lets make this the best year yet! :D:)

Yeah , I emailed mine! On that note, how can I be sure I did it right? I wasnt sure what I was doing when I did it... ;). Lisa

I won't even have my new Chams until just before the deadline! Darn.

I would like to say the 2012 calendar is very nice and of a better quality than most you see for sale in stores. I keep mine hung at work where it generates interest and even though most people won't be getting a chameleon any time soon several have asked where to buy a calendar for 2013.

With that said these photographs and the animals are so beautiful there might be opportunities for sale in pet shops or even small book stores in low quantities. IF you can get a hold of merchandisers at Barnes and Noble or a bigger book store there might even be an opportunity for bulk sale depending on if your printer can handle higher volumes at lower prices.

Just think of the resources you would be able to add to the site!

Yeah , I emailed mine! On that note, how can I be sure I did it right? I wasnt sure what I was doing when I did it... ;). Lisa

from Brad's instructions above:
"...So that you know the status of your entry, I will reply to let you know your photo has been received and if there are any problems. If you do not get this reply within a couple days then your entry was not received and you should contact me."

Ah sorry, we’ve been busy the last few days but we did get your entry. It’s all good.

There is only another week left for submissions so all you shutterbugs get snapping! Let’s make the 2013 Calendar the best one yet!

Ah sorry, we’ve been busy the last few days but we did get your entry. It’s all good.

There is only another week left for submissions so all you shutterbugs get snapping! Let’s make the 2013 Calendar the best one yet!

Thanks Trace, guess I did it right!! :)

Reminder

Reminder: The calendar entry deadline is this weekend.

Help your chameleon reach her dreams of becoming famous :p

update

We'd like the calendar to represent a wider variety of chameleon species so the rules have been modified for this calendar. Each member can now submit up to two entries per genus.

Also, the entry deadline has been extended to Monday 9-10-2012.

Last edited:
Brad i can never take you seriously with that picture of a that kid eating a Popsicle, its just 2 distracting ;)

Awesome! I was trying to get good photos of the carpets and bradys but hadn't been able to get anything good. I'll try again today, in that case.

Back
Top Bottom