2 month old panther cham won't eat!!!

calvin

Hey I got a 2 month old maybe 3 month panther chameleon. It's a male. I got him yesterday and put him in his cage and he walked around a little then went to sleep when the lights went out. I tried to feed him in the morning after he warmed up but would not eat from the tongs. So before I went to school I put some crickets and mealworms in a yogurt container and attached it to the side of the cage. When I came how from school he was in a new spot but no crickets or mealworms where eaten. He's in a xl repti breeze like the breeder suggested he has a mist king system and it mists 4 tints a day for around 1 min each time. He has a dripper also and I didn't see him drink at all. His basking temps are in the 80s and peaking at 90. I tried to feed him 1\4 in crickets like the breeder said I should. He has 12h light on and 12 h light off. I keep the humidity in the 70s peaking higher when misting.

Am I doing everything correct?? Should I be worried that he is not eating yet as it is only the second day. He does seem to think that the crickets are predators as he always puffs up if I try to feed him with tongs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

He's more than likely puffing up at the tongs or your hand. He's still settling in, he'll eat when he feels ok. Has he plenty of cover, foliage to hide in?
He may not drink in front of you either. Give him time and space.
Kath.

He's more than likely puffing up at the tongs or your hand. He's still settling in, he'll eat when he feels ok. Has he plenty of cover, foliage to hide in?
He may not drink in front of you either. Give him time and space.
Kath.
Okay thanks I think I will just leave him alone for a few days and make sure he has food available to him.

Back
Top Bottom