1st Dubia have arrived!

lslcronk

I am pleased to announce that my first ever order of dubia has arrived and....I actually think they are kinda cute, I even held a coupleor more they wouldnt let go!! lol Granted, I dont have any that are full grown, but this might be good! I can get attached to them and watch them grow up so hopefully they wont be as terrifying to me as adults! Thanks to those that answered my questions about these guys! I am sure I sound like a total girl, but it happens to the best of us! And yes, I am a girl, but I hate acting like one sometimes! lol :D

They are small nymphs, I know that is probably the longest way poss to get a breeding colony going, but I figured if I cant handle the little ones I wouldn't like the big ones, plus I got a good deal on 1000 of them! I see a couple bigger ones in there, so I will just see how it goes! I guess if I get impatient I can order some adults later on!

They are small nymphs, I know that is probably the longest way poss to get a breeding colony going, but I figured if I cant handle the little ones I wouldn't like the big ones, plus I got a good deal on 1000 of them! I see a couple bigger ones in there, so I will just see how it goes! I guess if I get impatient I can order some adults later on!

Im in the same boat you are, I ordered a 1000 nymphs myself and I have been thinking about ordering adults myself lol :D

They are just so EXPENSIVE! Plus, I dont know if Claude, the light of my life will eat them! Everyone swore they love silks...he wont touch them, he did try 1 though so I cant be too upset. lol He loves horns, and his crickets BUT does not touch anything much bigger than 1/2 inch crickets...I am going to try to feed off a couple of these just to see if he likes them, then be patient and keep them warm and feed feed feed!!

i Dont Like Roaches. :(

I dont either, but these are not bad! Really, I didnt believe anyone until I just got these guys! We call them "papaya beetles" or "baby trilobites"! lol I do not use the "R" word! And supposedly these guys are the next thing to sliced bread for chams, so it is worth a try!

I wonder if it would be profitable to buy 1000 nympphs and sell them as adults, 1000 must be like 800 bucks iv seen 100 for 80 bucks

hiyas all
i have a few chams so a colony works for me ya mite wanna make sure yours likes em first before you go overboard..i have some that like em an some that dont..

So Your Starting YOur oWn Colony oF Roaches. eWWWW i Hate eM. Sorry. Do You KNow iF There Loud aT Night. iM Just Scared oF Roaches Because i Have a Feeling iF i Do My oWn Colony oF Them They Will Spread aLL oVer My House And iT Would Get oUt oF Control. :(

Dubia cannot climb, toss em in a high edged container with some egg cartons, heat, air and food and they are fine.

At night they move around a bit, you'll hear scratchy rustling but nothing more.

Glad you decided to "man up" and get the roaches! My panther didn't go for them for the first couple weeks, but now he eats at least a couple everyday. I admit they are not his favorite thing (FLIES FLIES FLIES) but he does eat them toward the end of the day when he knows nothing else is coming his way.

hiyas all
i have a few chams so a colony works for me ya mite wanna make sure yours likes em first before you go overboard..i have some that like em an some that dont..

That is a concern of mine Rob!:eek: I dont want a ton of them! But I have bearded dragons and do you know if they are ok for cresteds to eat?? I will be trying to feed Claude some of the smaller ones while I am waiting, I figure I have plenty of them!! If they get outta control I will throw some out in the snow this winter! lol If Claude wont eat them I will have to hope the next one will!

That is a concern of mine Rob!:eek: I dont want a ton of them! But I have bearded dragons and do you know if they are ok for cresteds to eat?? I will be trying to feed Claude some of the smaller ones while I am waiting, I figure I have plenty of them!! If they get outta control I will throw some out in the snow this winter! lol If Claude wont eat them I will have to hope the next one will!

try feedin them in a cup so they stay in one spot, i found freeranging them they tend to disapear till there big lolan in a cup ya get em to move an catch his eye..

Glad you decided to "man up" and get the roaches! My panther didn't go for them for the first couple weeks, but now he eats at least a couple everyday. I admit they are not his favorite thing (FLIES FLIES FLIES) but he does eat them toward the end of the day when he knows nothing else is coming his way.

lol I wouldn't say "man" up necessarily...yet! Lets see what happens when they aren't cute tiny cricket sized critters...I am sure I will squeal like a stuck pig the first time I have to touch an adult! God help me if it grabs onto my hand!!

try feedin them in a cup so they stay in one spot, i found freeranging them they tend to disapear till there big lolan in a cup ya get em to move an catch his eye..

I made one of those milk jug feeders with the screen hot glued to the back, will they hang onto that at all? Or would a really shallow bowl be better?

I won't touch the adults with my hands lol, I bought 18 inch tongs at one of the shows just for that!!!!!:eek:

JohnnyD you make me sooo happy!! Cheeto (my little crestie) will be ecstatic!! Cant wait to give her a couple!!:D

Back
Top Bottom