10.0 or 5.0 uvb for veiled Cham ?

ryanbaxter

Basically i was at a reptile store today looking for some uvb strips so i asked the guy to show me the selection they have and he pulled out a holder for the strip and the bulb but i noticed it said 10.0 and asked shouldn't it be a 5.0 he said i doesnt make a big difference you just get a higher amout of uvb

I would just like to know if this would harm my cham ?

And another quick question should i have calcuim with or without d3 if my Cham is inside ?

Thanks guys

The minimum is a 5.0 but yes you can use a 10.0

You'll need both plus some multivitamins, use the calcium without d3 almost if not every feeding, and the calcium with d3 twice a month and same goes for the vitamins twice a month.

Hope that helps :)

Basically i was at a reptile store today looking for some uvb strips so i asked the guy to show me the selection they have and he pulled out a holder for the strip and the bulb but i noticed it said 10.0 and asked shouldn't it be a 5.0 he said i doesnt make a big difference you just get a higher amout of uvb

I would just like to know if this would harm my cham ?

And another quick question should i have calcuim with or without d3 if my Cham is inside ?

Thanks guys

What brand of light? Some are better than others!

I'm using the 10.0 by reptisun on my veiled and a 12% arcadia from light your reptiles on my bigger cage for the panther. You lose about half your light going through the screen. Depending on what size the screen holes are. The bigger they are the less light you lose.

Back
Top Bottom