1 Month: Reflections and Thanks

WinstonChrchll

What a month its been. Exactly 1 month ago I ventured into my local reptile shop in hopes of walking out with a veiled chameleon (my first chameleon as well) and instead I walked out with a WC mellers, in hope of giving it a better life. I think I'm doing good so far. He has changed a lot since I first got him. He was sickly and thin and incredibly lethargic. But now He's eating like a champ, mowing through crickets, hornworms and silkies. Hes prowling around his cage defending his territory from the vicious camera. He waits at his bowl for his me to feed him and he enjoys his weekly showers to boost his hydration. I'm just glad to have made it through my first month with Winston (that is his name as well as my Screenname), with him looking much better then when received. Other than to reflect on how much the both of us have gone, I'm also here to thank you all. This community has been the single most helpful resource when I was in question, or when I needed help. If it wasn't for you guys he would have never made it. I just wanted to thank everyone for all their help! Now with one milestone now, the rest are sure to come!

-Frankie

P.S. Heres a Pic of him from today.

Attachments

• DSCN2610.jpg
    DSCN2610.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 128
I will tell you from all of us we couldn't be happier for you and we are pleased we could be a small part of your success! Job well done by you & Winston's.:):):)

What a month its been. Exactly 1 month ago I ventured into my local reptile shop in hopes of walking out with a veiled chameleon (my first chameleon as well) and instead I walked out with a WC mellers, in hope of giving it a better life. I think I'm doing good so far. He has changed a lot since I first got him. He was sickly and thin and incredibly lethargic. But now He's eating like a champ, mowing through crickets, hornworms and silkies. Hes prowling around his cage defending his territory from the vicious camera. He waits at his bowl for his me to feed him and he enjoys his weekly showers to boost his hydration. I'm just glad to have made it through my first month with Winston (that is his name as well as my Screenname), with him looking much better then when received. Other than to reflect on how much the both of us have gone, I'm also here to thank you all. This community has been the single most helpful resource when I was in question, or when I needed help. If it wasn't for you guys he would have never made it. I just wanted to thank everyone for all their help! Now with one milestone now, the rest are sure to come!

-Frankie

P.S. Heres a Pic of him from today.

hey Frankie,,,

i couldn't agree with you more!!!!!! EVERYONE here has been sooo helpful and full of helpful suggestions!!!!! and i don't even have a chameleon yet!!!:eek:

but with the words of wisdom i got here, and lots of reading, i feel confident that i will be able to provide for my chameleon(s) (that plural is just between us chameleon keepers, my husband doesn't know about that yet)!!:D

Winston is sooo handsome!!!!! he looks quite content to be with you!!!!
lisa

thats pretty cool, I dont know I'd be capable of doing such a good job of returning a WC mellers to good health, even with the help of this place

That's a nice relaxed hydrated looking melleri you have there! Good job. A word to the wise...melleri are notorious for bouncing back from poor care for a couple of months and then becoming touchy, fussy eaters, with some previously hidden health issues surfacing. Hopefully you won't see that at all. It might happen because their new keepers think they are in the clear and they get a bit too complacent. Our chams want to make sure we worry about them ALL the time! Watch for burns (any discoloration on the dorsal crests or ear flaps), keep up the hydration, use as many varied feeders as you can, and provide lots of space.

Back
Top Bottom