1 month old Veiled Chameleon

Metal725

New member, 1st post of many hopefully. So I got a 1 month old Male Veiled Chameleon on Saturday. I noticed today that he is napping and ive read that is not a good sign. He is in a screened 18x12x20 cage with a 5.0 basking spot, a UVB light, misted 3x a day, the temp. is just under 90 degrees during the day and 75 at night. The only issue I have is with humidity which is around 40% during the day and jumps to 60% at night. He is eating the calcium dusted crickets and drinks water when I mist the cage. I noticed today that he is napping off and on but still seems alert when he is awake. Should I be worried or is he just napping because he is a baby?

Is he under a dark leaf or anything when he takes these naps or does he nap anywhere. Where did you buy him.? Most reputable breeders won't sell a one month old Cham...filling out that form will help us better help you.

I had no idea napping is a bad sign wtf

Napping during the day is not a good sign at all.

Sorry for the really late response. He would mostly nap towards the top, in his basking spot. It was never a "nap", almost like he was dozing off and then waking up again. I got him from a guy selling babies from his house. By no means was he a breeder. The little guy is now 3 months old. I posted a question in the health forum though about some strange movements after eating....

currently have a 2-3 month old veil - basking is 80-85max - hth in that case and mine is very active

Back
Top Bottom