1.1 Kinyongia tavetana

GmbH

Hallo,

i think this ist my first post in this great forum.

I'm a 25 year old guy from Germany.

Greetings

Attachments

• IMG_0170x.JPG
    IMG_0170x.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0182x.JPG
    IMG_0182x.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0154x.JPG
    IMG_0154x.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 160
And you are a 25 year old guy from Germany who owns possibly the coolest chameleons ever, at least in my opinion;):D

Your pair looks great!

Ive hatched 4 clutches of this species. Never bred them just got gravid female imports to lay eggs. If you have any questions about them feel free to ask. Although, by the looks of your pair, it seems you are doing just fine!!

Thanks for sharing!

Picture064.jpg

Did I mention this species is way underrated also? A whole 48 views and no other comments:confused:

You guys and your "perfect panthers". Pffffft!:D

I like tavetana very much but is quite impossible to find some cb in Italy.. and also in Europe.. your chams are looking very healthy and i hope to see some babies from them very soon!! ;)

Posting to shut Jared up. ;)

Great photos.

Harry

LOLOLOL!:D What is not to like about chainsaw horns, tons of different shades of color, super long tails, super active, super pissy chameleons?:D

Jack29, I hope you do find some CB at some point. I have found the WCs to be extremely hard to acclimate in my case and from what I hear of others. Out of 12 or 13 specimen I got one female to live 6 months and she laid 2 clutches for me. The CB babies are much easier than WCs but they too can be tough.

This species is so cool!

This is indeed a beautiful species!

At all the chameleon forums I always try to skip the panther and veiled topics as much as possible, seen them enough already. This is a specie you don't see too often. Personally I'm more favored by the Trioceros genus than bij the Kinyongia, but I must say there is a whole lot of Kinyongia species that are gorgeous and very colorful!

My pair are CBs. They are very easy to handle when you can give them the right climate. At night they need it very cool. When the day-night climates are right these guys are very active.

thanks for comments

My pair are CBs. They are very easy to handle when you can give them the right climate. At night they need it very cool. When the day-night climates are right these guys are very active.

thanks for comments

Very cool they are CBs! Can you tell me a bit how your husbandry is for them? Temps, cage size, humidity etc? Possibly what temperatures eggs were incubated at and how long they incubated for? Maybe we can share some notes. Sorry, there are not many other keepers of this species that I know of and I am very enthusiastic about them;)

a friend of mine breed them. I ask him, how long the breeding has taken. Then i will tell you.

I got them in a reptibreeze. The male in a biger one then the little female.
At night the temperature is about 10°C, circa. Over the day in winter 20°C-24°C.

by which temperature do you breed them and how long.

Mine were also kept in screen cages. The captive hatched and wild caughts. Males and females in 16x16x30 cages for the CH but slightly larger for the WC males. Cages are very well planted with live plants.

My temperature range is just like yours. I provide a small localized basking spot. Although, in the summer when I can house my animals outside I let them stay out until 29.4C. They have plenty of shade and are watered frequently when the temps are that high and also monitored all day.

Humidity I keep around 60 to 70% daytime and higher at night. Although reports of this species natural habitat says humidity can get below 50% during the dry seasons. I have other animals that need to stay above 60 and better at 70%. I have not had problems keeping them in this range.

I have not bred them but another member from Europe says he did not need any seasonal simulation to get his to breed.

Incubation was between 18.3 and 21.1 C. It took 10.5 months for each clutch to hatch.

Hello, welcome and I am really happy to see you! I also have Tav's and hope to be able to breed them, maybe by summer. I got mine from Jared and they are so active and fun to watch. My male will have a bite of you, if you get to close. But if you have a tiny superworm in a pair of tweezers you are his best buddy.

Keep posting pictures, I just never get to see them.

First thread and already wrong genera name, unbelievable :rolleyes:;):p
Are those from Berlin ?

Yes, they are!

I saw the mistake when i sent that thread but i can't change it. I'm sorry.

For Light and UV i use a 35Watt Solar Raptor and for the humidity i got a dripper and water them 2 times a day. First time in the morning and second in the evening.

Hello, welcome and I am really happy to see you! I also have Tav's and hope to be able to breed them, maybe by summer. I got mine from Jared and they are so active and fun to watch. My male will have a bite of you, if you get to close. But if you have a tiny superworm in a pair of tweezers you are his best buddy.

Keep posting pictures, I just never get to see them.

LOL!!! That is how all of my captive hatched ones acted. They hated you unless there was bugs in your hand. Then they were happy to see you but after there are no more bugs you better get away!:D Glad you enjoy them so much and that they went to a great home!!

GmBh, I use an ultrasonic humidifier in my chameleon room along with misting them one or two times daily depending on what season I am trying to simulate. Personally I think they would do well without the humidifier but as I said in the other post, I have some live bearing species that do need the humidifier and I have had no problems keeping them above 60% constantly.

More pics for you!

Attachments

• IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0285.JPG