😥 anxiety

I think it’s very good…nice and private.
My belief is that Pascal is having her first receptive period since she recently developed her colors and has been quite active. Not ready for the lay bin just yet. My girls have never had anything interfere with their eating, which is why I’ve tagged Kinyonga and JannB.
Is there a certain weight I should be looking for while she’s carrying eggs?

How terrible with all the IG ****heads, really sorry they’re making this even more stressful. IMHO you’re doing great and doing everything just fine. This is her first receptive phase and that’s just though for them. Think about yourself going through your first period, everything changed within hormonal system and one can handle it better then others. Eventually, nature takes over and they instinctively know what to do, as long as all parameters are correct, which in your case is. My first clutch was also terrible and I also felt desperate helpless and thought I would loose her. Shared it as well and please read, this should give you some comfort. And please ignore the IG bullshit comments.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/extreme-receptive-behavior.182525/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/first-successful-free-range-bioactive-egg-laying.182715/

33530E6D-BEC7-4386-8AC2-AA373D8CC312.jpeg

How terrible with all the IG ****heads, really sorry they’re making this even more stressful. IMHO you’re doing great and doing everything just fine. This is her first receptive phase and that’s just though for them. Think about yourself going through your first period, everything changed within hormonal system and one can handle it better then others. Eventually, nature takes over and they instinctively know what to do, as long as all parameters are correct, which in your case is. My first clutch was also terrible and I also felt desperate helpless and thought I would loose her. Shared it as well and please read, this should give you some comfort. And please ignore the IG bullshit comments.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/extreme-receptive-behavior.182525/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/first-successful-free-range-bioactive-egg-laying.182715/
I’m trying to think of it that way since it’s her first time I wonder if she knows what to do but I guess it’s a natural instinct but how long is too long and I’ve had a read through those links really apprecirate you sending those to me, explains a long and nice to see another perspective

I think it’s very good…nice and private.
My belief is that Pascal is having her first receptive period since she recently developed her colors and has been quite active. Not ready for the lay bin just yet. My girls have never had anything interfere with their eating, which is why I’ve tagged Kinyonga and JannB.
So you don’t think pascal will lay yet? I’m just curious to know how long is too long without food and drink, should I get the vets involved at this point or am I overthinking x

This is the only social media I'm on. I've heard how bad some people are on those sites and I don't want to deal with that stress. You are being a great mom to Pascal and you're learning from some of the best cham moms and dads out there. Haters just want to hate. Sorry you're going through this.

So you don’t think pascal will lay yet? I’m just curious to know how long is too long without food and drink, should I get the vets involved at this point or am I overthinking x
I’ve had a lot going on myself and maybe shouldn’t trust my memory, but didn’t she just start showing her colors and getting more active? Like in the past week or two and not any before that? If I haven’t lost my marbles completely yet, then this is her first receptive period and she needs to complete it (can last up to a few weeks) before being gravid and needing to lay eggs. Once she settles back down from her receptive period, it can be as soon as about 3 weeks that she’ll lay eggs. Or she may not lay eggs, especially if you’ve been following the egg reduction diet plan. It is stressful for us, but we make sure our husbandry is spot on and remain patient and vigilant. As my girls have never gone off food for any reason, I don’t want to give you wrong advisement.

I’ve had a lot going on myself and maybe shouldn’t trust my memory, but didn’t she just start showing her colors and getting more active? Like in the past week or two and not any before that? If I haven’t lost my marbles completely yet, then this is her first receptive period and she needs to complete it (can last up to a few weeks) before being gravid and needing to lay eggs. Once she settles back down from her receptive period, it can be as soon as about 3 weeks that she’ll lay eggs. Or she may not lay eggs, especially if you’ve been following the egg reduction diet plan. It is stressful for us, but we make sure our husbandry is spot on and remain patient and vigilant. As my girls have never gone off food for any reason, I don’t want to give you wrong advisement.
Do you have any receptive and gravid photos to show her the color differences? It might help her.

Do you have any receptive and gravid photos to show her the color differences? It might help her.
I sure do!
My sweet Grumpy receptive
414CA6D0-2239-4966-956D-0495D3AEA26E.jpeg

Gravid - Her changes are subtle and really only her dots darken. The day she laid her first time, all of her color paled and she was almost grey.
EF344816-2C5E-4EE0-A06E-6FC32DEE2A7C.jpeg

Stella receptive
C021A4FF-5A54-48EA-9251-CE2DB57A1186.jpeg

Also receptive but brightened up when looking at my male. In her restless search for a mate, she did discover how to pull down the coir panel and found Hammlet, who has become her forbidden love.
546BD426-35C2-4FA2-A40C-B4220629D88F.jpeg

Very gravid - This was just a couple of days before she laid eggs.
420CD13A-571C-45EB-BB8C-7B0854C6ED9A.jpeg

This is her currently - gravid and quite lumpy. She’s been actively looking at the lower areas of her enclosure (scoping out where to lay) and is so irritable and aggressive she hissed at her food before eating.
6AE5B424-A9E4-43BC-91B3-E586C657A70B.jpeg

I sure do!
View attachment 332296
Gravid - Her changes are subtle and really only her dots darken. The day she laid her first time, all of her color paled and she was almost grey.
View attachment 332297
Stella receptive
View attachment 332299
Also receptive but brightened up when looking at my male. In her restless search for a mate, she did discover how to pull down the coir panel and found Hammlet, who has become her forbidden love.
View attachment 332300
View attachment 332301
This is her currently - gravid and quite lumpy. She’s been actively looking at the lower areas of her enclosure (scoping out where to lay) and is so irritable and aggressive she hissed at her food before eating. View attachment 332302
hope that helps her

I've gone over and over this thread and I wish I had a clear answer for you. All I can say is that I hope the strong heat that caused the burn didn't cause her any problems. I hope the feeding and temperatures were spot on when they needed to be and that you're keeping the sand moist enough.

Try not to be handling her any more than needed and give her peace/space.

If she becomes lethargic, sleeps during the day, etc, then make sure you tell us and get her to a good chameleon vet ASAP.

Wish I could be more help.

This is the only social media I'm on. I've heard how bad some people are on those sites and I don't want to deal with that stress. You are being a great mom to Pascal and you're learning from some of the best cham moms and dads out there. Haters just want to hate. Sorry you're going through this.
Thankyou to I appreciate the kind words honestly and oh I’d only trust people on her but ive just been getting some random messages outta nowhere from people on insta, oh well lol and it’s ok x

Be strong for Pascal and lots of patience is required. Hang in there and know you’re doing what is best for her. She knows what she’s doing and will lay her eggs when she’s ready. I’m sorry that you are having a difficult time with this but remember this to shall pass.
Keep telling myself it’s because it’s her first time going through this period / getting ready to lay so it might take longer than usual? I mean I don’t know but seeing people on here saying they haven’t had issues with their chams on proper eating strikes is worrying to me, I wonder why she’s not interested in food

You’re 100% right, her brighter yellows and blues have only come throug in the last couple days from previous photos I’ve posted on here. So you reckon she’s trying to like mentally and physically prep herself? Suppose it’s a learning curve for her too . And reading the part saying She may or may not lay eggs, there’s things I’ve also read on here saying some peoples chams do show ( their pregnancy if you call it that ) and some don’t, if she’s this thin now and has or doesn’t have eggs I’ll never know if she becomes egg bound or not. I think after this first period is over for her I’ll be able to relax the next time around and yes I’ve cut down to every other day feeding but even then some of the days where she’s supposed to be fed she won’t eat and no no I totally appreciate the help Thankyou x

I sure do!
View attachment 332296
View attachment 332297
Stella receptive
View attachment 332299
View attachment 332300
View attachment 332301
This is her currently - gravid and quite lumpy. She’s been actively looking at the lower areas of her enclosure (scoping out where to lay) and is so irritable and aggressive she hissed at her food before eating. View attachment 332302
They’re beautiful first off. And they’re some drastic colour changes, I wonder if it’s that noticeable on all chams, I know they’re all different but would you think I should be looking out for some darker colours to overtake her light/ bright colours?

I've gone over and over this thread and I wish I had a clear answer for you. All I can say is that I hope the strong heat that caused the burn didn't cause her any problems. I hope the feeding and temperatures were spot on when they needed to be and that you're keeping the sand moist enough.

Try not to be handling her any more than needed and give her peace/space.

If she becomes lethargic, sleeps during the day, etc, then make sure you tell us and get her to a good chameleon vet ASAP.

Wish I could be more help.
my vet said I could stop applying ointment the Friday just gone, so I guess that’s her course or “ antibiotics “ over if that makes sense. Was told she’s healing nicely and yeah my temps are stop on and feeding every other day even though some of the days I try feed her she just wont eat. She’s been taking some water but I don’t want to hang over her and stress her out so she could be drinking more than I’ve seen or may not have. But there’s hardly been any irate and literally no poop since she’s gone off eating

i’ve been putting her food in her feed pot in enclosure but when she skips a couple days of literally eating nothing I’ve tried to hand feed and even that’s a struggle so I’ll leave her to it

But yes I’ve been checking up on her especially in the morning, lunchtime time and evening, at the moment everything looks as good as it can be

I appreciate any advice and help, so Thankyou

They’re beautiful first off. And they’re some drastic colour changes, I wonder if it’s that noticeable on all chams, I know they’re all different but would you think I should be looking out for some darker colours to overtake her light/ bright colours?
Each has their own set of colors and what is normal for them. When receptive Grumpy will show teals and mustards, while Stella will mostly have dark patterns and only show color when excited. Each darkens in her own way when gravid.
For what it’s worth, if it makes you feel any better at current I know Stella is gravid and seems to be getting close to laying, but will that be tomorrow or next month - 🤷🏻‍♀️. Just to make life more interesting (stressful!) I’m in almost the same position with my lady bearded dragon that you are with Pascal...my first time going thru her reproductive cycle (she’s laid eggs before with her previous keeper) and 😧😬😨😱

Each has their own set of colors and what is normal for them. When receptive Grumpy will show teals and mustards, while Stella will mostly have dark patterns and only show color when excited. Each darkens in her own way when gravid.
For what it’s worth, if it makes you feel any better at current I know Stella is gravid and seems to be getting close to laying, but will that be tomorrow or next month - 🤷🏻‍♀️. Just to make life more interesting (stressful!) I’m in almost the same position with my lady bearded dragon that you are with Pascal...my first time going thru her reproductive cycle (she’s laid eggs before with her previous keeper) and 😧😬😨😱
So I think Pascal is definetley a teal and mustard girl too! But then she has some darker orange spots on her legs and lines on her belly 🧡 and ahhh hopefully that all goes smoothly for you ! I read it could be more difficult to lay unfertilised eggs to fertilised and there’s more chance of them getting stuck/ bound, wonder how true that is 😧

Mu beardie girl didn’t have proper care in her old home and was able to somehow lay her eggs without problems, so I’m counting on her having even less problem now that she’s getting correct care. But we know even then….stress!
We are good reptile moms and our girls will get thru this much easier than we will. Lol 😂

Back
Top Bottom