Ultimate cage build

Turningdoc

I'm preparing for some new Bradypodion and thought I'd share my cage build. I'm modifying some technqiues I learned from dart frog world. All is going great so far.

First I bought plastic corrugated sheet at Home Depot and fit some cork pieces to the area to make a treelike centerpiece and two planters
adarehy7.jpg

I then glued on with great stuff pond foam and let dry

3ubydune.jpg

A learning point here: I now wish I had painted the corrugated board w Krylon fusion spraypaint first. It would have made later steps easier.

I then built a wheeled cart and top deck to fit a pair of 18x18x36 cages from a tool chest cabinet and plywood. I added casters to make mobile.

ynavajyp.jpg

It was slightly top heavy, so made more bottom heavy w high tech weighting system

nu2e5uqe.jpg

I used 50# leader fishing line to tie back around cage struts

zaryhe6a.jpg

aqa4a4a3.jpg

arytagev.jpg

I wanted to separate view between cages, so i used landscape fabric and hot glued on outside on cage as a privacy screen for them.

nene7ury.jpg

The final product of cage 1. Will be posting cage 2 and fully vined, planted, and lighted pics as I move along.

putyha3y.jpg

azadeben.jpg

Great stuff pond foam eh? I'll have to try that stuff. Looks pretty cool. Nice build. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

You can also use regular, but the yellow makes it painful. My advice, use the black from the garden section, extra $$ is worth it to avoid painting a million yellow spots later. ($10 vs $4) The can in pic is from Lowes

3a7a2yju.jpg

Cage 2 rough background

peqagyhy.jpg

Twin cart finished

my2upaty.jpg

Left cage

da4uqasu.jpg

Right cage

Mistking for water. Arcadia 6% uv lights

Now justing waiting for Showjet to send me some South Africans!!

It a plexiglass square predrilled that is hot glue gunned to frame and screen. This has worked well for me.

Dude, it all looks fantastic, but holy cow! You musta spent $30 in Krylon products! :D

Seriously, fantastic job! :)

Back
Top Bottom