Zuzka started digging!

Jingi

I just walked into my room and found Zuzka started digging! OMG, I am so nervous! Okay, deep breaths, now... what? I can´t yet ´till she is finished, I might die from stress!

How can I notice right away if she is egg-bound?

Dig her out, put her back on her favorite branch, and give her a really good misting, to make sure there isn't any debris in her eyes. Keep an eye on her, and check out the care sheets, etc. to make sure you get the right kind of substrate in there immediately. She should be ok, but just keep a close eye on her.

Dirt that is too dry will claps like that! Also if the size of the sand grains are too big the dirt will colapse. The dirt you use needs to be such that when it is good and moist, if you grab a hand full and squeeze real hard, no water comes out but when you let go the sand keeps the shape you squeezed it in to!

Sorry for my late reply. Was on the road till 0200 then had to unpack when I got home. Please keep us posted!

Thanks Matt! With that description I think I found just ideal substrate. Now, only thing we can do is cross our finger and hope for the best!

Zuzka came down on the substrate again, but she is just laying there on ground doing nothing, she is looking more lighter green than usually. I am super worried. Sime dirt has been turned over. May she be taking break before actually laying eggs?

Zuzka has returned into higher ground and she has been moving up and down. Can this be she is just checking if it is safe to dig? I have been watering her substrate to keep it at right level, I have also give Zuzka some water since she could kill for some (I am aware I should give her some privacy, but I just can´t after the accident)
What could I do, if she would´t want to lay her eggs?

I am sorry, if I am spamming perhaps too much, I am just really weak and nervous. She started digging again, for several hours now. I checked her and her tunnel was not collapsed, but I could not see her, nor hear her. Is it okay?
@Matt Vanilla Gorilla

Sound OK to me.
Quit watching her...if she sees you she will likely abandon the hole...if it happens often enough it will lead to eggbinding.

Finally, after 5 days of panicking, she laid eggs and I dug them up. Now, for just little girl she laid incredible clutch of 58 eggs! 13 being infertile I believe.
Now, is 25 Celsius good tempreture ? Or should I raise it?
@Matt Vanilla Gorilla

Attachments

• IMG_20170703_163242.jpg
    IMG_20170703_163242.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 78
Finally, after 5 days of panicking, she laid eggs and I dug them up. Now, for just little girl she laid incredible clutch of 58 eggs! 13 being infertile I believe.
Now, is 25 Celsius good tempreture ? Or should I raise it? I also red I should drop one or two drops of water to the every corner, with lid closed. It that correct?
@Matt Vanilla Gorilla

Back
Top Bottom