Zulu- Night Pics(outside)

Ace

Avid Member
i have been leaving Zulu outside for almost a week now and i feel it has been doing some good for him:), temps are good and has water and i feed when i come back from school, still misses from his tongue but recently he shot his tongue the longest ive seen in a awhile, though he misses..went to the vet and he said he was fine and was clean from a fecal, his appetite is every two days and he eats decently, just needs my help, i might start placing a cup for him...the marks he has is what the vet feels are most likely burns and happens to be healing well...he has no other physical problems, and actually ESCAPED:eek: from his larger outdoor cage while outside(fixed the issue), we were looking and looking for him and i found him in the mullberry tree chillaxing and as if i wouldnt worry -___-

anyway here are the pics i found him after his escape and some shots of him at night, i hope you enjoy them:)

105_0393.jpg

105_0392.jpg

105_0395.jpg

105_0396.jpg

105_0397.jpg

105_0403.jpg

105_0405.jpg

105_0401.jpg

105_0402.jpg

105_0404.jpg

Now that is a nice looking panther right there!!

Outside will do him great. I wouldnt cup feed though. If you have the time and he will hand feed make him try to shoot as far as possible for the feeders. After a couple missed attempts go back to the normal feeding procedure. It is a muscle and it would seem to me that it would need "worked out" after not using it for a while from an injury or calcium issue.

Now that is a nice looking panther right there!!

Outside will do him great. I wouldnt cup feed though. If you have the time and he will hand feed make him try to shoot as far as possible for the feeders. After a couple missed attempts go back to the normal feeding procedure. It is a muscle and it would seem to me that it would need "worked out" after not using it for a while from an injury or calcium issue.

Thanks Cain:), i will d oas you suggested and was against cup feeding all together, just worry about not eating by himself, but i think with sometime, practiice, and beign outside hopefully he would regain his tongue mojo, like it used to be

AND thank you Theresa, TeX Ranger, and Ken for the wonderful compliments:D, Zulu is quite the quirky cham indeed:p, although he hasnt shed in like two months lol

Might I ask why the hell you have a sled when you live in CA?:D

Well, LA.

LMAO good eye:cool:

haha well, during the winter months my family and i go to big bear or other high moutain areas for the little snow that we have and slide through

but havent been to the mountains in years and that slide has some years under its belt lol, we've been moving stuff from the back to storage:p

although it doesnt look like much it hs been through some wipeouts back then

usually me flipping over:rolleyes:

hi Ace, Zulu looks so beautiful. I wish the day pictures were better though. It is hard to see him. Sorry to hear you are having all the problems. Glad you found him outside! Lucky for you!!! I think the sun will do him a world of good. There is nothing like it. Romeo spends a good portion of the day out in the natural sunlight. I am not as brave as you and would never leave him outside! I won't even let him sleep on my patio at night! I guess I am just a paranoid mom!!

hi Ace, Zulu looks so beautiful. I wish the day pictures were better though. It is hard to see him. Sorry to hear you are having all the problems. Glad you found him outside! Lucky for you!!! I think the sun will do him a world of good. There is nothing like it. Romeo spends a good portion of the day out in the natural sunlight. I am not as brave as you and would never leave him outside! I won't even let him sleep on my patio at night! I guess I am just a paranoid mom!!

lol Carol, yeah i wished the day pics were better too, my camera was acting weird:eek:

and Carol i understand your concern but compared to where you live, you live in animal filled jungle state:D, while where i live isnt that dangerous from wild animals:p lol tho i still worry:eek:

Zulu escaping, well at least he didn’t decide to go tour LA lol!! Glad you found him and fixed his enclosure issue;)

Im with Jared I wouldnt cup feed him either. When I got my mitsio Hulk. He had a tongue issue. Now almost 9 months under my care he can shoot it almost 6". It was only able to go out about inch maybe two when he first arrived. I got him on a well gutloaded feeder diet. I dont supplement him hardly at all except plain calcium. He only get d3 once month and he gets a multi vita maybe once every 5 weeks. He had a little bit of edema also. He was overweight too. Well the edema has almost cleared up entirely. He looks like a nice muscular pardalis male as opposed to a bloated swelled up pardalis male. It really is amazing what a good diet and proper supplementation can do for them. I hand feed him exclusively so that i can make him excercise his tongue at feedings. I feel the combination of the good diet and making him excercise his tongue is what has helped him to date. Now I just wish he would breed with my female. :rolleyes:

Im with Jared I wouldnt cup feed him either. When I got my mitsio Hulk. He had a tongue issue. Now almost 9 months under my care he can shoot it almost 6". It was only able to go out about inch maybe two when he first arrived. I got him on a well gutloaded feeder diet. I dont supplement him hardly at all except plain calcium. He only get d3 once month and he gets a multi vita maybe once every 5 weeks. He had a little bit of edema also. He was overweight too. Well the edema has almost cleared up entirely. He looks like a nice muscular pardalis male as opposed to a bloated swelled up pardalis male. It really is amazing what a good diet and proper supplementation can do for them. I hand feed him exclusively so that i can make him excercise his tongue at feedings. I feel the combination of the good diet and making him excercise his tongue is what has helped him to date. Now I just wish he would breed with my female. :rolleyes:

Got any befores and afters of the Hulk? Would love to see them?

Thank you Texas Panther Man, this does reassure me that with alittle patience and dedication, i'm sure my cham's tongue will be like Hulk's. I am really amazed by how a few days outside with proper husbandry can do for them. thank you for sharing your experience with a similar issue as mine. And as for Hulk, im sure he'll come around for the ladies,lol, he has too, Mitsios are another locale we need in the U.S more often:cool:

Back
Top Bottom