ZooMed ReptiFog Review

I hope some of you will find this helpful and/or get answers to your questions about ultrasonic fog humidifiers. After waiting for some to be in stock for some time, and after using my girlfriends, I picked mine up yesterday and I can comfortably say that it is a GREAT product in my opinion. Though best results work in only certain conditions, there are cons to it as well. Below I will post my views and opinions in pro and con form, and hopefully you guys can find this usefull

CONS:
- must be maintained regularly, due to condensation in the hose, bottle and resevoir, mold and bacteria growth are easy to become problems and risks. If using distilled or R.O water, a cleaning every week or two in white vinegar and hot water would be fine. i treat the reptifog like my mistking. Clean water and clean water only.

- Doesn't do too too much in large screen cages

- Ultrasonic fogger needs to be replaced due to wear and tear (like anything else)

PROS:
-achieves any level of humidity in glass tanks and enclosures without making everything sopping wet like misting. creates high humidity, but allows a sufficient "dry-out" to happen

-enables amphibians and high humidity loving reptiles more active and comfortable.

- no risk of burns like the fogger discs have

- water supply lasts very long

- has automatic shut off when out of water

- can be modified with PVC piping and valves to run multiple cages

- easy to use, and wide range of output through switch.

this is just my opinion guys, so take it for what it is. i'd love to hear other reviews and tips as well :)

I love mine. It really gets the humidity to any level you need. I actually think the bottle is comes with is a bit small. I replaced my bottle with 2 liter pepsi bottle and it lasts up to 3 days longer.

I actually haven't ever cleaned it. Maybe I should get to that one of these days. I haven't had any problems with bacteria or mold that I know of.

i would still be cautious. a room humidifier i wouldnt worry about as much. i treat the water i use, but direct in-use i would use more cautious. especially with my RETF.

I gave away all 4 of my repti foggers as I hated them. But the forum members who received them like them. They are not used for chameleons, rather they use them for gecko's I think.

I gave away all 4 of my repti foggers as I hated them. But the forum members who received them like them. They are not used for chameleons, rather they use them for gecko's I think.

exactly, though some use for chameleons, i still posted it in this section of the forum. i hope you dont mind that laurie. but yes, my review is a big thumbs up for all of my other herps, there is no need for me to use it with my caged chameleons, and still yet to use it in my pygmy tank as i get good dry outs and consistent high humidity. my tokay cage is a pain for humidity so it works wonders for that as well. but my RETF and Cr Geckos love it, as so do i.

thank you for your input though laurie

Back
Top Bottom