Zoomed repterrian mister

Denverbug

So I bought a zoomed repterrian mister when I got Cham about 6 months ago. I had it set to spray ever hour for 15 sec. I turned it off every night. Anyway it stopped working last week. All I used was purified water and it was half full when it stopped working. So I know it wasn't from running dry. Has anyone els used this mister or had similar problems. I've already bought a new one but would really like like to try and fix the one I have. I plan on settin up another cage soon and if I can fix this one it would save me $100.

Time and time again people list their woes with these misters on the forum. Did you buy another of the same brand?

I would return it and invest the few extra dollars in a Aquazamp or a MistKing. You can use them on a number of cages, one system usually upwards of 10 enclosures

What I would do with the other is call ZooMed's customer service and try to get them to replace it. It seems the companies will do this but all the forum posts I have read.

I would always read reviews before you buy any products. I know it has saved me a ton of money and grief.

I know this isn'y any suggestion on how to fix it, but getting it replaced is probably better anyway.

Unfortunately I did buy the same brand. I needed to replace it right away and after checking at a couple of local stores it was all they carried. I will try calling zoomed to see if they will replace it. If not I will defenitly buy a better brand. Still if anyone els has suggestions on how to fix it I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Zoo Med ReptiRain mister

I purchased a Zoo Med Reptirain it leaked right out of the box. I like the system for the price. Customer service said there was a problem with some models. They are replacing it with an updated model. I'll try the new one and see how it goes. As far as fixing yours they are difficult to disassemble but if you can crack it open check the float valve in the bottom of the water tank. Good luck

I did manage to get it open. I've already put it back together. It looked like there might be burnt circuits on the back of the board. I will however disassemble it again and check the float. Thanks

I was using one of those, until I got a mistking, and now I have no use for the reptirain. I wish I had spent the extra money initially, I would have actually saved a lot if I did.

Back
Top Bottom