zoomed fogger prob...

barnaby

Hi!

I NOW know that usually this foggers aren't big deal and usually malfunction real quick, but unfortunately I bought this one before knowing this and in fact, little more than a month and it's already giving me problems...:mad:

So, everytime it turns on it works ok for about 20 seconds and then it starts blinking for the rest of the time... it has enough water and I already replaced that little coin-like piece!:(

Anyone had this priblem already and has any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

On the underside of the black bar there is a small area where the rubber does not cover the metal. This area here is was takes the current crossed through the water to the ring, closing the circuit and effectively turning it on.

WARNING, the wattage may be reduced greatly, but I warn you, do not place you finger between these two contacts. It won't hurt your permanently, but man... It sure was a wakeup call. Of course I did it in the name of science, discovery and etc, blah blah blah...- so yeah :) Hah. Don't do it.

Anyways, this little contact gets lime and gunk and hardwater deposits on it, preventing the connection. So in addition to periodically replacing the discs ( which you can maintain longer by taking out of the water, removing from the fogger and drying when not in use) you can also keep this part there scrubbed well, use reverse osmosis water, or at the very least distilled.

However there is some controversy about both these types of water- but most of it lies in effecting amphibians that spend their time living in it. I haven't studied it, but I think you'll have no problems in this application where it really is just to raise the humidity.

Here are some photos of ONE of many ways to use a fogger. This little invention has plenty of applications. They can be a little troublesome though.

copyofmisterinsidefv4.jpg
copyofmistertopbp1.jpg

THANKS, MAN!

Found the spot and it was filled with lime! Scratched it and everything seems alright again!

(on a side note, the guys at zoomed could say something about this in the package...)

Haha yeah... but that goes about saying it for pretty much any company and any product anywhere. And if it did say it somewhere, peole would probably complain that the text wasn't large enough to see it easily. :p

In their defense I think it may say something about using certain types of water, which would help prevent this.

Glad I was of help.

Back
Top Bottom