Zoo med Reptivite vs. Exo terra multi vitimin

Cheezilla

This question is for veiled chameleons ...I have been using the reptivite as my multivitimin.. I also have the exo terra multi vitimin that I never used before..are they basically the same or is one better than the other? if the exo terra multi vitimin happens to be the better option would I use that in place of the calcium with d3 as well or stay on same course( calcium no d3 all feedings, twice a month rotating calcium with d3 and reptivite as multi vitimin)? If there are even better options please let me know.thank you

Attachments

• 20210526_021712.jpg
    20210526_021712.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210526_021656.jpg
    20210526_021656.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210526_021731.jpg
    20210526_021731.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210526_021641.jpg
    20210526_021641.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 97
Neither looks good for a chameleon. The latest science says you need both pro formed and pre formed vitamin A. That means beta-carotene(proformed) AND Retinyl/retinol esters (preformed)

Both of those only have plant based beta carotene...

Look for something that has Vitamin A Acetate if you are hunting and it doesnt say "Retinyl/retinol"
proformed may come from carrots or rosemary if you cant find "beta carotene"

I would hesitate to buy something that just says "vitamin A" and doesnt have ingredients to check.

Last edited:
Neither looks good for a chameleon. The latest science says you need both pro formed and pre formed vitamin A. That means beta-carotene(proformed) AND Retinyl/retinol esters (preformed)

Both of those only have plant based beta carotene...

Look for something that has Vitamin A Acetate if you are hunting and it doesnt say "Retinyl/retinol"
proformed may come from carrots or rosemary if you cant find "beta carotene"

I would hesitate to buy something that just says "vitamin A" and doesnt have ingredients to check.
Chameleon academy states there is preform vit A in reptivite though

The reptivite does have preformed A. The exo terra does not it is beta carotene based. Both have D3. So personally I would stick the the reptivite and if your version shows with D3 on the bottle then you would only use this 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th but you would not use any additional D3 in the rotation. If yours says without D3 then you do need to rotate each week at one feeding between the reptivite and the calcium with D3 (not the exo terra multi above) just plain phos free calcium with D3. Then all other feedings you would use phos free calcium without D3.

When it's simply listed as vitamin A on the bottle there's no way to be sure which form it is...you have to dig deeper as @nightanole indicated above by looking on the website.

Back
Top Bottom