Ziggy went rogue..

parisaurusrex

So I've been leaving his cage door open while i'm in the room, to let him to be curious, to get him to be comfortable leaving his home when I'm around.. well… he got a little too curious, and now I can't find him! I searched everywhere. I know I left that room door shut all day, so i haven't been checking elsewhere, but I'm at a loss! Its going to be nighttime soon, and I know he'll just curl up and sleep.
I left his enclosure door open, in case he finds his way back home, and I'm thinking about bringing in a ficus to sit in the middle of the room, maybe it will attract him. Should I put food in his feeder cup? maybe he'll see them from afar!?

OH NO!! I am sure he will turn up. I have heard it suggested to also look high up and look in places that might be warm like around a computer monitor, tv and the like. Good luck!

They can really be good at hiding and being an escape artist. I have a picture in one of my albums (I think) of my first cham Pete, climbing out of the top of a critter keeper when he first got sick! And then I had Omar outside in a cage and when I went to retrieve him he was gone:eek:! My son and granddaughter were helping me look for him (my son was actually up the tree that was near his cage when I spotted him way up in the corner of the cage!

I started laughing immediately! And then when I took out the shade, he looked at me like "crap! she found me!" Thanks for the help, friends! I'm still a little perplexed at how he got in there, because when he was running away from me he tried climbing up the poles and just kept sliding back down, gave me another laugh;) maybe it was the cord coming up to the actual bulb.
:eek: scares me to think he was hanging around my cables.. he could have put one little toe in the exact wrong spot and got electrocuted! scary.

Back
Top Bottom