Zenyatta is turning white!

IMG_7464.JPG
so I took him outside and it was pretty humid as I was cleaning his cage, when I came back he was starting to turn white should I be worried? I live in Georgia and it was raining when I was outside so will he be fine being left alone now?

When's the last time he shed? He looks young - young chameleons shed explosively - might be about that time?

No help required. If you do have to help them then that is a sign that something is wrong in your husbandry. How easily your Cham sheds is a good indicator of your chams overall health.

Ah I see like a shedding test! hes doing a good job of taking it off so no problems here, He looks a little irritated as hes doing so lol

also he squeaked a little out of frustration

Last edited:
Think of it like if you had a bad sunburn and it started peeling (the itchy part, not that it's causing him any pain like a sunburn). Sometimes as they get older they will stop eating when they are shedding - it's perfectly normal!

Think of it like if you had a bad sunburn and it started peeling (the itchy part, not that it's causing him any pain like a sunburn). Sometimes as they get older they will stop eating when they are shedding - it's perfectly normal!

so it has been a couple of days as hes managed to get the big parts off his body but he still has a helmet of shedding and I think he does not know its there, should I still leave it alone?

Increase mistings to help with shedding. Sometimes doing a shower with older chams (not this age) can be helpful cause steam can help loosen stubborn scales.

I’ve been doing it about 3 times a day, also school is coming up so I’ll have to do three in the afternoon. He already hates being sprayed or if I have the misting machine on but that helmet of white needs to go lol

3 times a day isnt that often during shedding so definitely either increase misting duration or frequency. Hopefully he finishes shedding soon

Back
Top Bottom