Zen style tube frame custom 2x4x4 enclosure build!

Just got the cage in the room and was setting up the decor.

The little guy comes tomorrow so I will spend the day getting the following done.

Mist king plumbing done
Lighting plugged in and scheduled
Heat lamp and basking spot worked out

Getting a 4x4x2 cage and stand down a hallway and into a room was a challenge. Had to take apart the cage in order to get it into the room but luckily it's easy to do.

In hindsight the 32in height could have been 28in and still been just fine. Just seemed low to me.

Cant wait for the plants to grow in but until then I may add some fake ones to give him more cover.

20211006_100243.jpg

Got all the lighting, misting, fogging, and electrical done tonight.

The 2 sansi lights were WAY WAY to bright so I opted for 1. Still looks amazing.

Just wish I could speed up the grow in for the plants to fill it in some more but I guess I'll have to wait.

Luckily the enclosure is in a separate room so I dont have to worry too much about spooking him as he settles in.

I get to pick him up tomorrow from the fedex hub so I should have him before 1030 am.

20211006_210915.jpg

Woo-hoo looks great. Excited for you. Spam us with pics. Also... just a tip if you have a home depot or a Hannaford shopping center. They have pretty huge plants. Like my Pothos from there are huge. I know you said you are waiting for them to grow but probably wouldn't hurt to put a big on pothos in there or something lol would be better than fake plants ♡

Well... Hes ARRIVED!!!!!

here are some pictures. Still want to fill in the middle a little bit so will go to lowes this afternoon after work and see about getting a pathos or something for the middle.

Now for names... I'm thinking Rango?

20211007_111010.jpg
20211007_111215.jpg
20211007_111300.jpg

I'm not actually thinking Rango lol... I know that triggers some people here haha

I’m in CA and cannot find PVC sheets *anywhere* for less than $180, if I can find them at all. They aren’t in stock at any of the Lowe’s or Home Depot here, and getting them shipped would be close to $200. I need to make a 8x2x4 enclosure for a foster boa, and buying one is ridiculously expensive. May I ask where you got your PVC?

I’m in CA and cannot find PVC sheets *anywhere* for less than $180, if I can find them at all. They aren’t in stock at any of the Lowe’s or Home Depot here, and getting them shipped would be close to $200. I need to make a 8x2x4 enclosure for a foster boa, and buying one is ridiculously expensive. May I ask where you got your PVC?
It's not currently available where I am (NE US) either. My best guess is that it's another casualty of supply line bottlenecks, etc.

Depending on your enclosure design and framing, would it be possible to use another material temporarily, and replace with PVC when available? I haven't checked prices, but these come to mind as possibilities...

ACM (pretty expensive)​
Coroplast​
Acrylic/Plexi​
Glass (less expensive than acrylic)​
Hardwood plywood (will need sealing)​
Luan (will need sealing, but usually cheap)​
Ceiling lighting panels (only come in 24 x 48 nom) really cheap​
Still thinking... :unsure:

I’m in CA and cannot find PVC sheets *anywhere* for less than $180, if I can find them at all. They aren’t in stock at any of the Lowe’s or Home Depot here, and getting them shipped would be close to $200. I need to make a 8x2x4 enclosure for a foster boa, and buying one is ridiculously expensive. May I ask where you got you
Another thing I consider doing if I could not find the PVC was to use 1/4in plywood and then glue a sheet of the "wall waterproofing" that home depot and lowes sells to it. Its like a 1/16" or am 1/8" thick impermeable plastic sheet. Sold, in my lowes at least, with the paneling, like the fake brick or peg board.

It's not currently available where I am (NE US) either. My best guess is that it's another casualty of supply line bottlenecks, etc.
Let's go Brandon!

Another thing I consider doing if I could not find the PVC was to use 1/4in plywood and then glue a sheet of the "wall waterproofing" that home depot and lowes sells to it. Its like a 1/16" or am 1/8" thick impermeable plastic sheet. Sold, in my lowes at least, with the paneling, like the fake brick or peg board.
This 'wall waterproofing' is unfamiliar to me. Got a link? I'm having trouble finding it on Lowe's (unless I don't know what I'm looking at/for (which is entirely possible). Is this stuff rigid or rolled?

Let's go Brandon!
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom