Zelda is ALMOST Back to Herself :-)

Thank you so much with all of your help, Jannb! I'm going to quote the very first line on the back of the Herptivite tub because I'm a bit confused, but you definitely know more than me and I have learned such a tremendous amount from you in the past few weeks.

"HERPTIVITE is the FIRST reptile vitamin without Vitamin A. Instead, we use Beta Carotene which is an anti-oxidant that is converted into Vitamin A in a regulated way, so there is no threat of Vitamin A toxicity."

Am I misreading something or is it misleading?:confused:

I just read that article. I do have ZooMed Reptivite as well. I'm guessing I should give that along with the Calcium+D3 since the Reptivite already has D3 in it as well? I'm sorry if I'm getting repetitive. I'm just trying to make sure I do what's best for my girl! My previous male, Gir, lived to be a BIG beefy 6 year old but he never had anything wrong with him! I guess I just got really lucky!

Also, what about the RepCal Herptivite? Should I just use the Reptivite until Zelda starts to use her tongue again? Her eyes are always open, she's alert and very active again. I would say that she's back to normal EXCEPT for the fact that she's not eating on her own.

Zelda's looking great today!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369534576.772061.jpg

Camo Sleeper!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369534589.087776.jpg

I put a cup of worms in with her yesterday and the crickets went to town on them but Zelda didn't. I also put 2 hornworms in free range but I can't find them anywhere today! My husband said he saw one this morning but I can't find either. I doubt the crix would be able to take those guys down (especially without a trace) so does that mean that Zelda is eating again just in secret? Lol. Sneaky little princess. I wouldn't put it past her! I'll keep my eye out for the hornworms but I did search the terrarium pretty well. They still may just be hiding but Zelda is looking a bit pudgy today!

Zelda's Snack Cup Yesterday. Lol. She's lucky I love her so much.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369592383.934008.jpg

Zelda Hanging Out Today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369592567.876762.jpg

I'm very sorry for you, I had a Leopard Gecko he had probably about the same thing. If you live sometimes in a cold area maybe close to a window that can be bad for her. I handled my Gecko a bit to roughly and to much and I recently learned that, that was one of his causes to die. Also, keep him away from your face and hair since you have bacteria. I would give my Gecko a bath and when the water would be cold he would get out, just make sure he won't drown. Also for the bath, i'm not sure if you should do that because we had different animals, mine was more in a dessert style yours is more tropical.

I hoped I helped. I'm looking for a chameleon so I don't have experience with chameleons but I hope I at least helped a bit.

Hope your chameleon will be ok

Im happy that Zelda is feeling better

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words, ChamFan1. I see you just joined today so first, WELCOME! This is an awesome place to learn and find advice and support!

Second, Zelda was literally on Death's Doorstep 10 days ago today. I was holding her in my hand as she was going but somehow she rallied and has been doing GREAT since then. Today will be her 8th straight day of total improvement after 12 full days of decline! Antibiotics, constant watch and love, and everyone here who helped me. That's how she is still alive and continuing to improve.

I'm so proud of how far Zelda has come and I can't believe this all started 3 weeks ago! I think she just need to get her tongue back in shape after not using it for a few weeks.

ZELDA IS STARTING A SHED!!!
That probably explains her lack of interest in the variety of critters I've been offering her! It's been 4 weeks since her last shed (and she starting not looking right to me) and she was shedding every 2-4 weeks before.

FINGERS CROSSED that she finishes her hunger strike with this shed and returns to her normal self. Hopefully this nightmare can be over soon and she can grow up to be a big beautiful beefy lady!

Back
Top Bottom