Z Plant aka ZZ Plant is dangerous

Daddio53

There is a beautiful plant being sold at Walmart and other stores called a ZZ Plant or just a Z Plant. It is really good looking and the claims are that anybody could grow one without killing it, but it could kill your little buddy. All parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested. The Zamioculcas Zamifolia also referred to as a Z Zamifolia, or the Z Plant should definitely be on the list of do not put this in your reptile's enclosure These plants are very easy to grow, and a single leaf placed into dirt will grow a whole new plant. It's a dream plant for a guy with a brown thumb. Too bad it's poisonous.

Attachments

• z plant.jpg
    z plant.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 809
Wow!

I have one of these in my living room and I was considering FRing my veiled on it. :(

Good to know! Very good information thank you.

Wow!

I have one of these in my living room and I was considering FRing my veiled on it. :(

Good to know! Very good information thank you.

This might interest you. If you pluck off a single leaf and stick it in the dirt in it's own little pot, it will take root and grow into a full plant(of course over time). No need to put it in water until a root shows, just straight into the dirt. Think of it, you could propagate many many babies this way.
Daddio

Back
Top Bottom