Yup! Another newbie!

Thanks! We got a plant in there now. We're gonna be rearranging the vines also so that the plant will crawl up them.

Last edited:
Melanie, would you wanna post pics of your snakes please?

Haha.. snakes are so interesting, but my mom is scared of them.. 'So im not allowed

Welcome to the forums :)

Making a dripper wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess you don't have to if you're going to be misting frequently enough, but it's cheap and convenient. There are threads on here with guides, even though it's pretty easy even to imagine.

Last edited:
Hey Mel! There you are. :) (we know each other from the snake forum we're on).

Nice looking cage you have for him, but yeah...get a tube UV light ASAP and place some nice vines or branches up near the top for him.

Good to see you here. :)

Lol thats neat you guys are on 2 different forums, and met eachother.. on this one..

Sorry, not wird... Uhmmm ironic i geuss :p

Haha! Thanks! We got a pothos for him and we're gonna stick the vines in the soil and make it kind of an extension of the plant going up to the top. And give the plant something to crawl up!

I went to the pet shop yesterday and they were out of the linear reptisun besides one that was WAY too big. We're going to a bigger city this weekend so we'll be able to get one there for sure! :D

Lol thats neat you guys are on 2 different forums, and met eachother.. on this one..

Sorry, not wird... Uhmmm ironic i geuss :p

Haha! She commented on the cham pics I put up on the other site and I tipped her off that I had seen her over here.

Just a suggestion so ur not necessarly as limited on ur live plants, u can buy a indoor plant growing light at ur local home improvement store, that way u can use some of the more light requiring tree like plants. There is a list on the forum homepage of safe plants. IMO drippers are awesome if u position them over a nice real leaf to puddle on and drip off of. Welcome to the forum!! When u buy the fixture for the liner tube 5.0 repti-sun UVB u can get it from the home improvement store usually cheaper and u can get a double light fixture, UVB in one and plant grow light in other : )

Thanks for the tips Fred! We went ahead and got a pothos because the light requirements are about perfect for the room he's in. And we dig the color. :D We'll see how that goes for now. I'll definitely keep the plant light idea in mind, though!

We set up the vines so they zig zag around and go up to the top now. The fake plant vines are still in there also for more surface area near the top until the plant grows some more.

We also rigged a homemade dripper tonight and it's working great so far. Drips onto the vine and down to the plant leaves. He went over to drink from it right away. :D I think tomorrow we're gonna buy one though. One with a bigger resevoir. ;)

And yes, we know all about dusting and gutloading. Jason used to breed leopard geckos so he has plenty of experience with that. Which is awesome because I probably wouldn't have bought Dex otherwise... I hate bugs! Haha!

Thanks for all the tips!

Here's an updated pic of his enclosure since we added the pothos and rearranged the vines.

101_2016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom