• 5-6 years

Votes: 22 6.2%
  • 7+ years

Votes: 28 7.9%

• Total voters

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
What is the age of the oldest chameleon you've cared for? Please provide the species of this chameleon and any additional information you find interesting.

The oldest chameleon that I've helped care for was Vega my daughter's WC Nosy Be between 7 and 8 years old. He passed away last November. :( My veiled Luie just turned 4 this past March.

Thaxter the Ambilobe panther made it to just under 5 years before dying of an infection exacerbated by some ongoing kidney problems.

My big boy Tommy (Veiled) is about 4 years old. Sadly I don't know his exact age, but he is so sweet and gentle despite his disability, bless him!:D

My Arnold ( male ambilobe) was 7 on 2/5/11. he is a bit slower but still going strong. I love him to pieces. He is sweet, gentle, just a perfect chameleon.

I see that no one is listing Jacksons. I had one that died just before age 4 and always wondered if it was premature or if they just didn't live as long as Veileds. My oldest is Raj, a male Veiled. He is approaching 5 and going strong.

I have a male merumontanus jacksons that is WC and I have had him in my care for about 8 months, and he was already in captivity for around 6 months before that, and he came in as an adult...so who knows how old he is! I should post pics sometime...

early jackson death

I too have noticed jacksons have a shorter life span..longest i got was a kenyan jackson, he lived till almost 5...they can become difficult at age.. do you expose him outside at all? constant indoor enclosure can mess with jacksons "mental state".

Dali, Yes though not as much as I would like. I am in Idaho and so far we have had one day this year with temps above 68 for a high. All of my chams live outside from about mid june to Sept. It is just too cold other times. Spike did get what seemed to be "noticeably old" toward the end but I can't really say for sure. It may have been something else.

Back
Top Bottom