• 3-4 years

Votes: 49 13.8%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 22 6.2%
  • 7+ years

Votes: 28 7.9%

• Total voters
3 month old BB Ambilobe

I am currently experiencing my first time owning a chameleon. His name is Chimichunga. He is very shy and doesnt really enjoy bein handled but does allow me to get right up to him without him panicking. Have had hime almost 2 weeks. His eating habits are a little spotty but he sleeps and wakes up at the same times every day 6am to 6pm awake. He always likes to sleep in the same place. He gets his crickets in a cup in one part of his cage and was eating 15+ 2 week crickets every day...he is getting 3-4 week crickets right now and only eats 4-5 of these in a day but they are pretty big. He gets some mealworms and the occasional butterworm right now.

I have a WC melleri who is very large and very much 'the gumpy old guy' of my melleri clan. I am not 100% on his age.... but I wanna say at least 6-7 years maybe more. He was HUGE when I got him three years ago.... shoot... maybe even 8 years? hes much larger than my female Lenny who is at least 4-5 years old. Females tend to be bigger than males, but she might just not be as 'big boned' as his gene pool?

It seems vote statistics Its more common to have a younger aged chameleon......I Really hope my chameleons do great and live up to 7+ years that would be wonderful.

Gandolf was a 7 year old Veiled Chameleon that passed just about 2 years ago. He is the only Cham i've ever kept. He was adopted when he was right about 3.5 years old. He was one of my favorite creatures ever. He was well taken care of and sweet before he came to me, and I continued to do my best. He would climb on to my arm after a fast game of hide and seek. I've had dogs , cats, and all kinds of other animals and by far losing him was one of the hardest losses of a pet even though I know he was old and there wasnt anything I could do... I'm finally ready to dive back in now. =0)

This is one of the last photos I got of him...

Attachments

• gandolf.jpg
    gandolf.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 369
My oldest is a female jacksons that I've had for 4 years and I got her as an adult so who knows how old she really is.

New chameleon owner here. My oldest, Ambilobe female, is just under 4 months. Looking forward to many, many years with these fascinating guys.

I thought the average lifespan was only 2-3 years? Can you do anything in particular to help with their lifespan?

2-3 years is average for constantly bred females, from what I understand. Greatly shortens their life. Males average about 5 years.

I've had a few male panthers go 7+ years, including this guy that I hatched in 1999 from wc parents. He and two of his brothers that I kept all lived 6-7+ years.

2900713-med.JPG

My oldest was my first, since he's the only one I've really had apart from my young Panther.

Louis the senegal, we bought him as an adult (The shop said he was over a year old, they weren't sure really) and we lost him after 3 years. He wasn't living a happy life at that shop.

I had a pair of Brookesia perarmata go ten years. Their photo used to be on Adcham. I'll scan a hard copy if anybody wants to see them.

Mo (veiled) is my first and hes just about 6 months old. i adopted him cause his owns thought he had mental issues, but truly there's not a thing wrong with him. i love him to death. is it natural for a Veiled to live 10+ years?

Back
Top Bottom