Your dream Chameleon of choice is?

MikeC

I just wanted to throw this out there. I love my chameleons but the standard chameleons in the industry are veileds, panthers and jacksons. Those are the most readily available for the most part. What i want to know if you had access to any chameleon what would you purchase? I have always wanted a Parsons Chameleon. I have tried getting one but they are always sold out by the time i find out. Anyone know someone who breeds Parsons that i can get in contact with? Getting back to my question are there any chameleons you would truly like to have at some point?
Thanks

I just wanted to throw this out there. I love my chameleons but the standard chameleons in the industry are veileds, panthers and jacksons. Those are the most readily available for the most part. What i want to know if you had access to any chameleon what would you purchase? I have always wanted a Parsons Chameleon. I have tried getting one but they are always sold out by the time i find out. Anyone know someone who breeds Parsons that i can get in contact with? Getting back to my question are there any chameleons you would truly like to have at some point?
Thanks
male triceros hoehnelii. Gorgeous

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.04.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.04.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.04.42 PM.png

Getting back to my question are there any chameleons you would truly like to have at some point?
Yes, but wanting something—and being realistic—are often very different. I would LOVE to keep a Sungazer (Smaug giganteus)—I think they're the coolest-looking lizard EVER—but their endangered status not only makes that impossible, I wouldn't want to do anything to exacerbate that situation.
1595772256777.png

Similarly, I have a list of chameleons that really interested me, but I've resigned myself to species I know I can care for properly, so I've pretty much forgotten the list (I know Jackson's, Parson's, Fischer's, Jewelled, and others were on the list, but between status, availability, care, and other factors, I've settled on a male panther, and I'll be just fine with that. ?

Yes, but wanting something—and being realistic—are often very different. I would LOVE to keep a Sungazer (Smaug giganteus)—I think they're the coolest-looking lizard EVER—but their endangered status not only makes that impossible, I wouldn't want to do anything to exacerbate that situation.
View attachment 273036
Similarly, I have a list of chameleons that really interested me, but I've resigned myself to species I know I can care for properly, so I've pretty much forgotten the list (I know Jackson's, Parson's, Fischer's, Jewelled, and others were on the list, but between status, availability, care, and other factors, I've settled on a male panther, and I'll be just fine with that. ?
Thats a beautiful lizard. It reminds me of the moloch thorny which is one of my dream lizards to have but which i know is impossible to keep because of their diet.

Thing you gotta remember with those pictures, those are mostly stress/defensive/breeding colors. Most of the time, most chameleons are bland. IMO the coolest chams at rest(outside of typical veiled/panther) are a lot of trioceros. I personally want a kenyan xanth next, maybe a quad. Melleri are amazing, but a lot of space/work... they're a one day for me. Most parsons have awesome rest colors.

Good camera skills are also deceiving. Just like with photoshop. Not that it's a bad thing, but it makes all the difference.

I love the fun sized carpets.
I used to have a carpet chameleon as well. I might even have pics from 25 years ago lying around somewhere. I started breeding bearded dragons in 1994 and then frilled dragons in 1995 followed by veileds in 96. All of this was due to the owner of new york reptilia. He thought i would be successful at breeding and he was correct. Frilleds were on the expensive side at that time as there were maybe only a handful of people who had them in the country. I would love to get a frilled dragon again. Right now though if i could get a Parsons i would forget about purchasing anything else. I would just keep my six veileds and hopefully i will one day have a Parsons.

Meller's Chameleon or a Nosy Boraha Panther... Both are favorites of mine... Meller's I would need a cham room and proper set up for drainage since they need more mistings. And the Nosy Boraha Panthers are high white beauties... Harder to find in the US though.

Back
Top Bottom