Your dream Chameleon of choice is?

Nosy Boraha Panther
those are crazy! There's actually one for sale kind of near where I live.... let me find their photo of him

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 8.15.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 8.15.05 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Thats a beautiful lizard. It reminds me of the moloch thorny which is one of my dream lizards to have but which i know is impossible to keep because of their diet.
Are any available outside Australia?
AFAIK, the same dietary challenges exist with most of of the horned lizards.

As far as chams go, Trioceros melleri(they just look like little tree triceratops to me, so cool!) is high on my wish list. And I LOVE carpet chameleons but I'm not ready for the inevitable heartbreak caused by their short lifespan :(

So many chameleons, so little time, space and money...not to mention Florida heat. I love Parson’s but would never be able to provide proper space or temps. Ankaramy panther’s are gorgeous and I don’t understand why they aren’t more popular.
Other reptile I would love to have is a red eyed crocodile skink. They are the most dragony looking to me.
Reptiles aside, I must someday have a pedigreed Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest cat. Love the fluffies. I’ve never been able to reconcile buying a cat though when so many in shelters need homes.

Thats a beautiful lizard. It reminds me of the moloch thorny which is one of my dream lizards to have but which i know is impossible to keep because of their diet.
I wonder if their spikes are super sharp like they appear, or if they are flexible like the beardy

So many chameleons, so little time, space and money...not to mention Florida heat. I love Parson’s but would never be able to provide proper space or temps. Ankaramy panther’s are gorgeous and I don’t understand why they aren’t more popular.
Other reptile I would love to have is a red eyed crocodile skink. They are the most dragony looking to me.
Reptiles aside, I must someday have a pedigreed Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest cat. Love the fluffies. I’ve never been able to reconcile buying a cat though when so many in shelters need homes.
Yes to everything you just said!!

I wonder if their spikes are super sharp like they appear, or if they are flexible like the beardy
Are you asking about the Sungazer (Smaug giganteus) or the Thorny devil (Moloch horridus)?
I believe they're both considered "armored" so I think the spikes are functional. BICBW
Clint Laidlaw touches on them here:

Tough question. My beardie's scales are pretty sharp if you lightly stroke against the grain.

Are you asking about the Sungazer (Smaug giganteus) or the Thorny devil (Moloch horridus)?
I believe they're both considered "armored" so I think the spikes are functional. BICBW

Tough question. My beardie's scales are pretty sharp if you lightly stroke against the grain.

Yes, both.

I just wanted to throw this out there. I love my chameleons but the standard chameleons in the industry are veileds, panthers and jacksons. Those are the most readily available for the most part. What i want to know if you had access to any chameleon what would you purchase? I have always wanted a Parsons Chameleon. I have tried getting one but they are always sold out by the time i find out. Anyone know someone who breeds Parsons that i can get in contact with? Getting back to my question are there any chameleons you would truly like to have at some point?
Thanks
I would be happy with a male panther, thats a dream already.

That sungazer is gorgeous!
Obviously you too are a fan of Clint, so do you ever find yourself greeting someone by saying, “well hi there!” in a super perky tone?:ROFLMAO:

That sungazer is gorgeous!
Obviously you too are a fan of Clint, so do you ever find yourself greeting someone by saying, “well hi there!” in a super perky tone?:ROFLMAO:
:LOL: Umm... no. Not publicly, anyway. The Missus & I have done it a few times in the privacy of Ol' Stinkeye's presence, but that's it. There was a (very) short time—Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...—when I may have attempted to adopt something similar to Minnie Pearl's trademark greeting...

...but we've all confessed to foolish choices in our impetuous youth, eh? :rolleyes:

I've also managed to resist parroting Anton Petrov's contemporary, "Hello, wonderful person!"
Though that's actually not horrible.

Back
Top Bottom