Your chameleons name and why

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I love naming animals one of my favorite parts! U wanna know your chameleons name and why you picked that. I picked Yoshi because I split the cost with my siblings and they over powered me and the choice and named him Yoshi I know what a cliche name 😂. I wish I could of named him dart (stranger things), Poseidon, or Zeus or etc

I love naming animals one of my favorite parts! U wanna know your chameleons name and why you picked that. I picked Yoshi because I split the cost with my siblings and they over powered me and the choice and named him Yoshi I know what a cliche name 😂. I wish I could of named him dart (stranger things), Poseidon, or Zeus or etc
Someday you can have a Zeus, Poseidon, etc!

I named my first chameleon Mona because she had a grumpy old lady attitude. Eventually I started calling her Mona Lavender after the Mona Lavender plant I had in my house and because she was a gorgeous purple / lavender color. Like all my pets, she ended up with many nick names (Momo, moana...meemaw...) when she would bask under the heat light I'd call her Carole Baskin.

Coza's full name is Cozamalotl which is a Nahuatl word for Rainbow. Although she now has many names... (coconut, coco, cacao bean, cocomo...etc...)

I have had far too many to tell you them all...so here are a couple...
I only ever had one chameleon hatch butt first....so I called him Ascend (you can figure out why).

One veiled female I named Banan...meaning finger tips....because she had very white finger tips.

One was Tripod (because someone had cut his foot off in a cage door before I was given him because he couldn't be sold).

My first Yemen chameleon was Houdini....he was an escape artist!

Solo was the only one to hatch in one batch of eggs that were taken from a female because she died before she could lay the eggs.

Prima was the very first chameleon I ever hatched...a Chamaeleo chamaleon.

That's enough!

I have had far too many to tell you them all...so here are a couple...
I only ever had one chameleon hatch butt first....so I called him Ascend (you can figure out why).

One veiled female I named Banan...meaning finger tips....because she had very white finger tips.

One was Tripod (because someone had cut his foot off in a cage door before I was given him because he couldn't be sold).

My first Yemen chameleon was Houdini....he was an escape artist!

Solo was the only one to hatch in one batch of eggs that were taken from a female because she died before she could lay the eggs.

Prima was the very first chameleon I ever hatched...a Chamaeleo chamaleon.

That's enough!
That’s amazing

I named my first chameleon Mona because she had a grumpy old lady attitude. Eventually I started calling her Mona Lavender after the Mona Lavender plant I had in my house and because she was a gorgeous purple / lavender color. Like all my pets, she ended up with many nick names (Momo, moana...meemaw...) when she would bask under the heat light I'd call her Carole Baskin.

Coza's full name is Cozamalotl which is a Nahuatl word for Rainbow. Although she now has many names... (coconut, coco, cacao bean, cocomo...etc...)
I love it

I still have a OneNote page of eighty-something names we thought of, but couldn't decide on.
After 6 months of trying several out, the name we kept using the most wasn't even on the list—it just fit his developing personality—Ol' Mr. GrumpyPants.

Zaphod was our first chameleon. He was, of course, so named because he was such a hoopy frood dude.

(some will now check “the Google” after that statement…)
Also, I wanted to give him a name not often used, so…

Our current scaley poop is Raistlin Majere. He is named after the wizard.

(“the Google” gets busy once again… we will wait)
Being a YBBB it seemed to fit since the wizards skin had a yellow tint to it.

🦎

Leo is short for Leonidas, which I found in a book and liked.

Clea is short for Cratesiclea, who was the wife of Leonidas II of Sparta, and I will name one of their baby boys Cleomenes as he was their heir. Perhaps I will keep a girl too and name her Chilonis.

It just kinda snowballed, and now I have the royal family of ~350 b.c. Sparta in my room.

Zaphod was our first chameleon.
Yeah, but which one, and why was there no Beeblebrox?

1638458969360.png
1638458923589.png

No consideration of of Slartibartfast? :unsure:

Never read the Dragonlance series, but didn't have to look either up. 🤓

Leo is short for Leonidas, which I found in a book and liked.

Clea is short for Cratesiclea, who was the wife of Leonidas II of Sparta, and I will name one of their baby boys Cleomenes as he was their heir. Perhaps I will keep a girl too and name her Chilonis.

It just kinda snowballed, and now I have the royal family of ~350 b.c. Sparta in my room.
Love it. When I was 3 or 4, I was given a pair of goldfish I named Cleopatra and Mark Antony. My family couldn't figure out where I'd heard those names, and frankly, I don't remember either.

'Tis a mystery.

She came to me as Mami Chula and was quickly renamed Miss Grumpy as it fit her personality. The Miss part was dropped quickly. Stella just popped into my head and I liked it. Maybe it’s stuck in my head from a patient I had when I was a new nurse…will never forget that woman. Hammlet is from his Daddy, Hammy. He was such an itty bitty boy when I got him…a baby Hammy. Then I adopted Flap Jack, and while pancakes are awesome, I cut it to just Jack. Then the name that I perhaps put the most thought into is Kalidora. In Greek it means gift of beauty, which is exactly what she is. It’s shortened to Kali, which in modern Greek is good and Ancient Greek is beauty, so those both fit nicely.
My non chameleon animals are primarily named by their physical attributes - tabby cat is Tabby, little black cat is Little One (used to have a larger black cat named Coco as she shone brown in the sun), big dog is Beast, beardie is Spike and a leopard gecko is Handsome (because he is). Other Leo names of Tandy and Kirby just popped into my head and seemed fitting. Perhaps my subconscious was thinking of Jessica Tandy and the video game Kirby (cute little puff & loved that game).

After 6 months of trying several out, the name we kept using the most wasn't even on the list—it just fit his developing personality—Ol' Mr. GrumpyPants.
She came to me as Mami Chula and was quickly renamed Miss Grumpy as it fit her personality.
Aren't panthers supposed to be the friendliest species? How did we get so lucky? :unsure:

I think female panthers tend to be more shy. My male is very outgoing, and will even stare at people (with both eyes), but my girl does not appreciate people at all (though she will reluctantly come out, overall she’s far more shy than Leo).
My first girl hated people. Coza however, pretty much associates all people with food (even though I'm the only one that's ever fed her,) so she will pretty much hop to the front for anyone. Either food association or she likes to be admired 🤩

Back
Top Bottom