You can't make them eat.

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
Okay we have 4 crickets, 4 superworms and 1 discoid roach with Earth Pro. Cham is not using feeder today. He will probably just eat the superworms and won't touch the crickets and roach. I set out the feast; not my bad if he does not eat it.

Attachments

• feeder1.jpg
    feeder1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 78
  • vitamins2.jpg
    vitamins2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 81
Oops, I was feeding everyday. He just molted. Thanks.
Yeah your feeding too much. He is picking off what he prefers like a toddler would. So he needs to be cut back to only 3 feeders every other day and you want to be the one that is deciding what he eats. So lighter on the superworms. If you put three in say a superworm a cricket and a roach and he only eats the super then you need to stop giving him the cake so to speak so he eats the healthier feeders with a lower fat volume.

I always put some food in for the crickets to eat so they will live longer....and be more nutritious for the chameleon.
Yes, i put orange or carrot in there. The crickets that I add to big container with food and moisture don't live long. I may feed 15 out of 25 crickets.

To begin with , I would give the crickets more than just carrot and orange...and I would put some food in the chameleon's cage for them too. How have you got the container set up,where you keep the crickets?

To begin with , I would give the crickets more than just carrot and orange...and I would put some food in the chameleon's cage for them too. How have you got the container set up,where you keep the crickets?
I think it is 20 gallon. I put newspaper down. I put cricket food and other fruit. Have Kiwis now. I add their little egg crate and they eat, run around, make noise and die.

What's the temperature where the cricket container is kept?
It might be that they need more egg crate in there too.
Are they full grown crickets when you buy them.

Your not gutloading correctly. It should be more leafy greens then fruit. If your not able to add a diverse variety of veg and fruit then I would suggest using something like repashy bug burger.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

What's the temperature where the cricket container is kept?
It might be that they need more egg crate in there too.
Are they full grown crickets when you buy them.
M/L crickets. House is about 77. Maybe I need water pillows. The container lid is removed so they get air. Mostly in shade and afternoon sunlight. Egg are now in styrofoam cartons. I may be able to find some dandelions. I don't eat too many greens.

Make sure what you feed the crickets is not poisonous to the chameleon. You don't have to use just greens...carrots, squash, sweet potato, sweet red peppers, zucchini, etc will work well too.

I wouldn't use styrofoam egg containers...use some cardboard paper towel or toilet paper rolls or crunched up paper instead.
I also wouldn't leave the container in the sunlight...it might be overheating.

Back
Top Bottom