yogg breath!

OOOst16

Established Member
Ok since I'm a paronoid parent I'm constantly checking for issuse with my o month male vield yogg. So I know that simptoms of a uri are ....poping or craking or hissing sound while breathing, over inflation of the lungs,and excess mucus out of the nostril and mouth....and bubles. OK...now. yogg doesent have bubles ....excess mucus....doesent make poping or craking sounds and doesent over inflate or breath with his mouth open....but...when he climbes on my hand he let's out a deep breath like a pshhh....but I can never here any breathing sounds besides that. And he doesent make any sounds in his cage when he's climbing. So I'm confused.....are my finers like pushing into him?lol the hole pshhhh thing is odd...its very short though. And doesent happen a lot. Any thought on my paranoidness?

They do that to show they are not happy! It's like a short, sharp 'Pfft'! :D Amy does it a lot when I get her out or even if I just look at her - I tell her not to get so hufty pufty, lol! I heard Tommy do it today for the first time as he didn't want to be put back in his viv, lol!:rolleyes:

fewwwww! That makes me feel beter. Ty for responding fast. Man I'm a worry wart. I started cup feeding today after finalization that yoggs toung won't ever be in full use again. He loves it. I'm happy he's becoming so beautiful. I need to post updated pics of his cage and him!

Tiff is right.
my Splat can be that way if I wana take him out of the cage and he just wants to stay put.

my little Laurie gave me a few hiss sounding, mouth open, pissed off all to hell face in the first few weeks untill she now will fly out of the cage onto my face if she had wings. :rolleyes:

Harry

This is random...but since its my thread ill say it. Yogg did a death grip on my face and nose. NEVER DO THAT!!! Lol serios pain....I was trying to take a picture....and he climped from the camera to my face. He climbed all the way up to the top of my head.

Ahh, Pan ripped me a lip piercing the other day. Really painful, especially since my lips were chapped. :(

Homer sometimes makes these vibratory noises (you can feel) something between a purr and a croak, grunts if you like. Does it several times before puffing up and gaping at me
(if I annoy his royal highness apparently :D).

Yogg is almost 10 months of age and he has never hissed at me. He's never even gon into defensize puffy mode. Just the little pfft's. I'm glad he's not mean (such a sweetie)...but on the other hand I wish I could get a good look inside his mouth everyonce in a while....just for checkups.

Yogg is almost 10 months of age and he has never hissed at me. He's never even gon into defensize puffy mode. Just the little pfft's. I'm glad he's not mean (such a sweetie)...but on the other hand I wish I could get a good look inside his mouth everyonce in a while....just for checkups.

You may be able to get a good look when he yawns! Sometimes when they shed they open their mouths really wide to break out of the skin under their chins!:D

Homer sometimes makes these vibratory noises (you can feel) something between a purr and a croak, grunts if you like. Does it several times before puffing up and gaping at me
(if I annoy his royal highness apparently :D).

Amy does that, although not so much any more. She last did it on Saturday - I was showing her to my friend who was visiting and Amy just grabbed her front leg with her back leg and wouldn't/couldn't move! I wondered why she was 'buzzing' like mad until I realised what she'd done! Luckily my friend keeps chams herself and help me untangle Amy's feet, lol! (Yes I know this can be a sign of illness, but Amy is ok - she just had a funny five minutes, lol!)

Back
Top Bottom