Yes Another help me figure out the sex question ;)

Oh my I built my most recent cage with pine wood from home depot ! shes been living in the cage for a month now , do you think damage has been done? I just took her out and put her in a regular screen cage for time being. I had no clue of this, I'm glad I read this thread....
I do not know. They are very sensitive. All I know is that Un sealed Pine is an issue. Granted from what I read most cut wood puts off VOC's so we seal any wood used with chams.

Removing the enclosure from the house and doing the sealing process outside is the best idea. Letting it fully gas off the fumes from the sealant is also very important.

I do not know. They are very sensitive. All I know is that Un sealed Pine is an issue. Granted from what I read most cut wood puts off VOC's so we seal any wood used with chams.

Removing the enclosure from the house and doing the sealing process outside is the best idea. Letting it fully gas off the fumes from the sealant is also very important.
Thank you . I’ve decided to leave it outside as an occasional outdoor cage and I’m just gonna order my cages online from now on. no more bob the builder.

Thank you . I’ve decided to leave it outside as an occasional outdoor cage and I’m just gonna order my cages online from now on. no more bob the builder.
Go ahead and seal it with water based polyurethane... This way it will last longer outside. I made one for outdoors as well. They are wonderful to have.

And thank you for the laugh... "no more bob the builder" I needed that today. :hilarious:

Go ahead and seal it with water based polyurethane... This way it will last longer outside. I made one for outdoors as well. They are wonderful to have.

And thank you for the laugh... "no more bob the builder" I needed that today. :hilarious:
I thought I was cool and was saving money building the cage but it took about 7 Home Depot trips and wayyy more expensive then what I can find online especially with wood prices.. and no problem 🙏🏽

Who knows what would of happened w my girl had I not read your advice !!!

I know yall have been asked this a million times, but can someone help me.. i think he is a she but would like some other input. "Hudson" was purchased March 3, 2021 he/she was 4-6 weeks old at purchase... making him/her 6-7 months old at this time. Thank you for taking the time to help :)View attachment 305855View attachment 305856View attachment 305857View attachment 305858
Hudson is a girl! Males have spurs on their rear feet. Hudson does not. Also males have a larger pointed crest. She looks very small for her age. What are you feeding her?

Hudson is a girl! Males have spurs on their rear feet. Hudson does not. Also males have a larger pointed crest. She looks very small for her age. What are you feeding her?
He/ She is an ambilobe panther. I don't believe they have spurs like the veils. :) I am thinking that Hudson wasn't the age they reported when sold. I am feeding dubia's, silk worms, black solider fly larvae, and green bottle fly spikes.

This cham is a totally different type. ONLY Veileds are sexed in the way you mention. Please make sure you do not give incorrect info this makes it so that others have to stop and take time to correct the info so that the OP does not get mislead. :)

It really does my heart good to see you are taking action right away I saw you have tubing for a fogger, suggestion if you do a rebuild after sealing, on the outside under the wood cover the back panel and one side panel with plastic. I used a special plastic used in backlite boxes which you cant get but I imagine a shower curtian liner may do the job. This will help keep the moisture in such a large cage with the added benefit of protecting the wood. Only two sides though to allow good ventilation. your live plants are great too. Now you have to do some research on female panthers. Dont feel bad I had a tortoise We named Daisy Mae. wasnt a girl but he still carries the name proudly! Pet shops,ugh! Lol

So I made all the recommended updates @Beman. I have all living plants no more silks :) sealed all wood and added a barrier so that each chameleon is not visible to each other. I have upped feeders to 25 min per day
image2 - Copy (5).jpeg
image5 - Copy.jpeg
image0 - Copy (6).jpeg

What do you see that is concerning you? I do not see anything out of the ordinary.
the little white spots, im thinking it is him getting ready to shed as he has more of it this morning and he is scratching himself on the branches quite often this morning. Would him getting ready to shed also cause him to be darker in color during this process?

the little white spots, im thinking it is him getting ready to shed as he has more of it this morning and he is scratching himself on the branches quite often this morning. Would him getting ready to shed also cause him to be darker in color during this process?
Yes, they can appear to be more dull or darker in color. Kinda a washed out look to them. Keep everything the same, do not mist him directly and if it is a shed it will happen without issue.

Yes, they can appear to be more dull or darker in color. Kinda a washed out look to them. Keep everything the same, do not mist him directly and if it is a shed it will happen without issue.
Ok perfect I havent changed anything in his schedule i just wanted some re assurance :)

Ok perfect I havent changed anything in his schedule i just wanted some re assurance :)
Looks normal. :) I would actually check the bottom of the cage for shed... Although sometimes they will eat it. But I would say based on the white spots he either just shed or is about to.

Hudson has definitely done some changing since my last post, after sealing the wood he/she has taken off, anyone able to give me a gender yet?
hudson 818 1.jpeg
hudson 818 2.jpeg
hudson 818.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom