Yes Another help me figure out the sex question ;)

Mizshell88

I know yall have been asked this a million times, but can someone help me.. i think he is a she but would like some other input. "Hudson" was purchased March 3, 2021 he/she was 4-6 weeks old at purchase... making him/her 6-7 months old at this time. Thank you for taking the time to help :)
image2 (2).jpeg
image1 - Copy (2).jpeg
image3.jpeg
image9.jpeg

Can you post some entire body pics... From what I can see if these are current pics this baby is extremely thin and undersized. If 4/6 weeks old at purchase that would put baby at 5 to 5.5 months old now. Even with that age baby is still very very small and extremely thin. Have you gotten a fecal done to ensure there is not a parasite load?

Heck I can not even give you a gender baby just is not quite right with how thin it is. I would say female just based on tail base. BUT that is in a healthy baby of correct weight. In two of the pics it looks as though there is a slight hemipenal buldge but again not sure with how thin this baby is.

I am feeding dubia roach's, black solider fly larvae, silk worms, green bottle fly spikes ( i am gut loading roach's with sweet potato, and mango) i am dusting with arcadia earth pro a everyday - and arcadia calcium with d3 every other week. He/ She eats 2 dubia and 4-5 black solider fly and 2 green bottle spikes per day. ( I keep fresh bugs available through the entire day so that Hudson can eat as much as he wants.

I am feeding dubia roach's, black solider fly larvae, silk worms, green bottle fly spikes ( i am gut loading roach's with sweet potato, and mango) i am dusting with arcadia earth pro a everyday - and arcadia calcium with d3 every other week. He/ She eats 2 dubia and 4-5 black solider fly and 2 green bottle spikes per day. ( I keep fresh bugs available through the entire day so that Hudson can eat as much as he wants.
Up your feeding amounts to at the very least 15 feeders. Heavier on the dubia and even small crickets.

Get a fecal run as well. Baby should be ravenous taking down at least 15-25 feeders a day.

Your supplementation is perfect provided you are using a T5HO linear fixture with a 5.0 or 6% UVB bulb at a distance of 8-9 inches.

I am using arcadias linear t5 ho 12% as he is in a 6'X8' mesh screen enclosure with the fixture hanging 10" above enclosure.

I am using arcadias linear t5 ho 12% as he is in a 6'X8' mesh screen enclosure with the fixture hanging 10" above enclosure.
Can I see a picture of the enclosure. That is pretty huge for a small baby.

So distance to basking branch with a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 12% bulb would be 11-12 inches for a 3 UVI level.

No the wood is natural nothing on it I didn't want to take a chance Yes Pine :) . I am running 8 6500K bulbs 4" off enclosure, actual distance from branch to uvb is 12". I have a mist king system installed and running for 60 seconds at 1:30a 5:45a and again at 9:15a. I also have a drainage system installed so the enclosure remains dry. He has no issue getting to and from his food cup as he visit's regularly through out the day (I have 2 of these exact cages I have built from the guidance of this sight …I also have a veiled)

No the wood is natural nothing on it I didn't want to take a chance Yes Pine :) . I am running 8 6500K bulbs 4" off enclosure, actual distance from branch to uvb is 12". I have a mist king system installed and running for 60 seconds at 1:30a 5:45a and again at 9:15a. I also have a drainage system installed so the enclosure remains dry. He has no issue getting to and from his food cup as he visit's regularly through out the day (I have 2 of these exact cages I have built from the guidance of this sight …I also have a veiled)
Ok so I love that you went huge with the cage, Like I think it rocks! But Pine emits VOC's which are toxic for chams. So we always recommend sealing all wood with a water soluble sealant and letting it gas off for at least a week before a cham is put into it. IF the wood still has an odor it needs to gas off longer. Things link paint on flex seal work really well too. Other issue is water damage to unsealed wood.

The VOC's are honestly a big concern.

With babies even a 2x2x4 foot cage people freak out about putting babies in. Truth is babies will find their food in large cages. But you want to give them a ton compared to adults. So up feeding amounts let baby eat as much as it wants to during the day. If appetite does not increase then this is a sign of health issue.

Have you gotten a fecal done?

Where did you buy this baby from?

I have attached some good images for you as well.

chameleon academy plants.png
chameleon-gutload.jpg
chameleon-food(1).jpg

I purchased him from FL Chams :) I am on the adjustment to VOC as we speak. Can you suggest a enclosure size for the time being?

Since it's from FL Chams, I'd definitely get a fecal and wellness exam done by an experienced chameleon vet. They don't have a good reputation for healthy chameleons. Make sure to bring a fresh fecal sample with you and your cham to the appointment, and also make sure to drop off at least 2 more samples afterwards to make sure no parasites are missed. What do you use for your multivitamin? Are the 8 bulbs all in one or fixtures/do they each have their own reflector? Sorry for all of the questions, just wanting to help! Are you going to be buying, building, or already have the enclosure to put your cham in while its current one gets sealed and gasses off?

I purchased him from FL Chams :) I am on the adjustment to VOC as we speak. Can you suggest a enclosure size for the time being?
You could go with a 18x18x36 for his size. 2x2x4 sized are harder to find.

Since he was from FL Chams please find a reptile vet and take in a fresh fecal to be tested. I am worried about the potential for parasites.

Back
Top Bottom