Yemen not feeding

aurora

I have had my Yemen chameleon for about six months. I think she is 2 and a half years old. She has lived in a glass vivarium since I have kept her. She has fed well on a varied diet of locusts, meal worms, wax worms, crickets, grapes, apples, oranges and curly cale. Once every 3 feeds I powder the live food with a calcium balancer and multivitamin supplement.

In the last week, I have not seen her feed. I have tried to give her fruit and veg but she does not take what I leave for her nor does she want to be hand fed. Today I have completely changed her vivarium and given it a thorough clean (I found 12 crickets and worms uneaten).

The temperature and humidity readings have been pretty constant. During the day she has a constant source of water from a fountain, I also use a fogger throughout the day, an halogen heat light and 2 UVA/B tubes. At night it is lights out, fountain and fogger off and heat mat on. This has been the routine every day since I have kept her.

Can somebody please help me? Am I being concerned for no reason, or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank You.

She might be gravid with an infertile clutch. Surprised it hasn't happened sooner if she's two years old. I'm hoping others will chime in, but you need to fill out the how to ask for help form.

Back
Top Bottom