Yemen has laid eggs

Pascal2017

please help!
Our Cham has just layed eggs on reptile carpet.
We've had her since April without her near a male.
She's laid 20 eggs.
We were told that she had been separated from the other Cham in viv in shop for fighting.
Are these eggs hatchable or are they not an should I box them in some sort of soil ?
Please please help!

It is hard to tell if they are fertile or not. Unless I am positive they are not fertile, I incubate then.perpare a container of vermiculite of you have it. Damp but not real wet. Try to move the eggs so the so the same eggs are placed the same as they were laid. I put mine in the sealed container, in the closet! Then it is wait and watch. You can check on the eggs, but try not to turn them. If they all mold after a few days, I toss them. If not I incubate for how ever long it takes.

From your picture I assume you have a female veiled. You may have a young girl who just laid her first infertile clutch. Or she may not be finished laying. Just 20 eggs is not many for a veiled to lay.

Let me know how it goes, good luck.

You need to get the eggs into the incubating container quickly or they will dry mouth. Like Laurie said...incubate them even if you're not sure they are fertile. If she's been separated from males for over 40 days then they are likely infertile. Make sure you incubate them somewhere dark.

I use shoebox sized Tupperware type containers with lids. I fill them about half full of coarse grained slightly moist vermiculite. To test for moisture...take a hand full of it and squeeze it. You should only be able to squeeze a drop or two if water out of it. Don't turn the eggs as you move them. Lay them in rows in the vermiculite about an inch apart in dents you make with your thumb.put the container somewhere where the temperature will be about 74F.

The female should be hungry and thirsty. If she shows any signs of going down hill (lethargy, sitting low in the cage, eyes shut during the day, etc) you will need to get her to a vet.
I also recommend that you add an opaque container at least 12" deep x 12" x8" full of washed moist playsand in her cage in case she has more eggs to lay. It should always be in her cage so she has a place to dig to show you when she needs to lay eggs. Also, when she's digging do t let her see you watching her...it will make her abandon the hole and can lead to eggbinding.

Back
Top Bottom