Yemen always wants to come out of his vivarium

mesh

hello.
My Yemen always wants to come out of his vivarium when he see me. Is this normal?
Cheers

Attachments

• l 014.jpg
    l 014.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 187
  • l 013.jpg
    l 013.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 200
  • l 010.JPG
    l 010.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 165
How big is his cage? Can you post a picture?

It can be that a chameleon is extra friendly or curious to explore, my Malcolm is like that. He may also be looking for a lady. However, it is usually that they are unsatisfied with their enclosure.

I agree with the cage advice. It is also possible that no matter how big or perfect the cage is, he might be one of those chameleons that just hates being confined. Definitely tell us about your cage and husbandry to check though. Also, is his highest perch above your eyes? Some chameleons will continually crawl out of their cages if they cannot get up high enough to feel comfortable in their cage.

Got the upgrade now

Got the upgrade now. Just got to do a few bits to make it suitable for him. Will post sum pics when I have finished it

He probably would rather hand out with you than to be caged. Do you have a safe area that you could make him a free range? He's a handsome little guys. Reminds me of my Luie at that age.

Normal when I let him out. He just chills out on the curtain looking out of the window .

Back
Top Bottom