Yellow/Grey spot on head

Bristoladrianna

Anyone ever had this happen to their cham? 1.5 y/o male blue bar panther.... main food is gut loaded crickets, and the occasional superworm. Noticed small yellow spot on the soft part of his head at the beginning of the week, went on a few day visit to see family and left him in capable hands with specific instructions about his diet, get back and the small yellow spot has morphed... picture attached. Any advice is welcome!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-25-13-00-59.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-25-13-00-59.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 284
Those place is where the mature older cham stores their fat,could it be the pigment discoloration??I also see some swell around his neck area on top?dont know if its the angle of the picture taken or the edema in development.

I forgot to mention another possibility ,that could be a
shed skin hasn't come off completely ,try warm mist in that spot see what happen.

It also could be the start of a fungus. I am not sure if that's an edema starting or not. But he is definitely a bit on the heavier side

I am very aware of what you are talking about, but that area can also get the "swollen" appearance if the chameleon is putting on excess weight. His cheek pads look like they are filled out too.

I can't find where they talk about the back of the neck having anything to do with gular edema?

His body (yellow ink) doesnt look fat ,but his neck n back leg is swollen,if a cham looks over weight it should show on his body also.
2016-12-26-19-49-40.png

If the edema shows on the chest I'd be more convinced. Swollen legs can mean a number of things, my cham had swollen legs because of a light MBD problem. I think a different picture should be provided just to be sure.

U can also check the under side of the chins ,but with these 2areas show on the puffness,most likely is edema in progress .

Anyone ever had this happen to their cham? 1.5 y/o male blue bar panther.... main food is gut loaded crickets, and the occasional superworm. Noticed small yellow spot on the soft part of his head at the beginning of the week, went on a few day visit to see family and left him in capable hands with specific instructions about his diet, get back and the small yellow spot has morphed... picture attached. Any advice is welcome!
What are you gut loading your crickets with?

When my first baby developed hilarious edema it came on very very quick and it started around the sides of the neck.
The chin/sides of the neck are a more normal place for gular edema to be presenting from what I have experienced.

Back
Top Bottom