Yellow giant parsons????

also how do you come up with $4700 to spend on a trip like that every year lol. i was thinking it would be like $2500 lol thats something i would be able to do a year.

Why do people call them orange eye. Everyone I've seen in person has yellow eyes and I thought they are called white lipped....

Attachments

• IMG_5791.JPG
    IMG_5791.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 155
Actually they are orange eyes and once the male hit adulthood at around 3 years of age. Younger and juvenile animals start off with like a yellow almost orange type as far as the white lip goes it was around the early 80s to the mid-90s before the travel ban. When the animals were imported here a lot of the adults had orange eyes with a white crested head so that would tend to be called orange eyes/white lips which change in the early 2000s to only OE....

PS: beautiful male...

Why do people call them orange eye. Everyone I've seen in person has yellow eyes and I thought they are called white lipped....

I think it's a matter of perception. Perhaps when whoever came up with the name was collecting or studying them they saw Parson's with predominantly orange eyes. The male
parent to a couple of your friends Parson's has orange eye turrets the majority of the time, but they can turn a more yellow color sometimes. The Parson's in the picture doesn't really have white lips either. I personally don't care what people call them. I believe there are quite a few different variations of Parson's that aren't broken out with their own names. Further collection locale data and field study is needed imo if we are going to apply different names to different color variations.

I think it's a matter of perception. Perhaps when whoever came up with the name was collecting or studying them they saw Parson's with predominantly orange eyes. The male
parent to a couple of your friends Parson's has orange eye turrets the majority of the time, but they can turn a more yellow color sometimes. The Parson's in the picture doesn't really have white lips either. I personally don't care what people call them. I believe there are quite a few different variations of Parson's that aren't broken out with their own names. Further collection locale data and field study is needed imo if we are going to apply different names to different color variations.

Yeah what he said..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..

Actually they are orange eyes and once the male hit adulthood at around 3 years of age. Younger and juvenile animals start off with like a yellow almost orange type as far as the white lip goes it was around the early 80s to the mid-90s before the travel ban. When the animals were imported here a lot of the adults had orange eyes with a white crested head so that would tend to be called orange eyes/white lips which change in the early 2000s to only OE....

PS: beautiful male...
Thank you for the clarification my buddy calls them white lips. I guess he old school being since he's had them back in the early 90s lol

Yellow lips are more yellow than the yellow giants from the pics I've seen. Have yet to see one in person though so Idk. A lot of people like the OE and YL the best, but they're also more common than the others. I'm still new to parsonii world so don't hold me to this. I've heard the YLs have a tendency to get larger too.

Yellow lips are more yellow than the yellow giants from the pics I've seen. Have yet to see one in person though so Idk. A lot of people like the OE and YL the best, but they're also more common than the others. I'm still new to parsonii world so don't hold me to this. I've heard the YLs have a tendency to get larger too.

Yeah there seems to be quite the variation with these guys, more than just Green giants, yellow giants, yellow lips, and orange eyes.

I am quite fond of the yellow parson's with orange eyes.

Yeah I personally like the yellow coloration a lot in all chameleons. The green giants are very cool too. And the red eye... wow. Honestly though, id like to see the Parsons chameleon that doesn't look amazing lol.

I have a couple Yellow Giants but they are just babies. There is quite a variation with the YG's. Some I find very attractive and others I don't care for the look so much. OE and YL generally look pretty much the same with in their color phase. There might be slight differences with some retaining more blues (OE) into adult hood.

Back
Top Bottom