Yay finally 287 days later first baby hatching :)

Jon if both babies still have yolk sac's, they most likely will not start eating until most, if not all, of the sac is gone. Watch and see that they are eating so you will not put food in just to crawl on your babies.

Also you could use lots of tiny vines close to the bottom. I use stuff not much larger around than a toothpick. How many more eggs do we have to go? I have 13 quad eggs here, plus a friend in Ohio, babysitting my campani, who is due to lay any minute. The body of the campani is only about 2 1/2 inches long. Her eggs will be tiny and I can't even imagine the size of the babies.

everything looks good jon and as far as incubation there is no guarantee on times they hatch I have a clutch that went 11 months and another that went 9 this season and they were incubated at 74-76 steady!!

Laurie: I have lots of eggs to go still, over 75 more good looking eggs all layed at different times from Pure faly, to faly mitsio crosses & some Ambanja crosses.. Actually another clutch of mine has started to hatch ( Faly x Ambanja) so far two really strong massive babies hatched ;-) And on the nosebe x Ambanja I have had 7 hatch which 3 babies never made it, they had troubles getting out of the egg and were weak (nature takes on its own course) not the end of the world, there is still 4 eggs left from that clutch to go & I think 10 more eggs to hatch of the faly banja, on positive note all the other babies are doing great and Iam seeing chameleon poops so they r eating :) just seem to be shy in front of me.

Breakingglass: reason I had thought I would make some crosses was because some of the nicest panther chameleons I have seen were crosses and a good chunk of these babies will be going to family and friends. Not to worry I do have some pure Faly eggs incubating.

Update of the babies, they are growing and doing so well ;-) Also the Pure faly eggs started sweating yesterday and more faly x banja started hatching as well, first pic is nosebe x banja love this little one always wants to climb onto my hand, loves to be handled 8)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 97
And this is a 2week old faly x banja, looks to be a nice male.. He is a little pig and hogs all the food, alpha male of the clutch I think he may have to be separated he came out of the egg twice the size of all the babies. Kinda captured blue highlights in this picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 121
Thank you very much, they have been getting spoiled feeding them baby silk worms, they are hand feeding already& it's just truly amazing :) I have a video I will upload of a baby feeding on silks, hope you all enjoy :)

I love looking at all your baby pictures, they are just too cute. It makes me want to get a girlfriend for my boy :)

Sarah
1.0 Nosy Be

Back
Top Bottom