Xanthus in the sun

CHAMaDdIcT

i decided to take Xanthus out for some needed sunshine, and to take a few pics :) you can see his bent casque in these pics which i don't know how it happened, because its hard and not flexible as if he had MBD, and i had been given him calcium about 3 times a week along with D3 once a week :confused:

24ccw2b.jpg

25kjsz6.jpg

1t4kdj.jpg

Reptisun 10.0 :) i heard that once they hit about 6 months theyre fine using 10.0 instead of 5.0, and i thought it was adequate since he had his bent casque

10.0 might be too much. Please fill out the ask for help form so that we can try to figure out what's going on with that handsome guy.

Hey. my calcium is as following. Jannb helped me make this schedule:)

Calcium without D3 every other feeding so Mondays and Fridays

Calcium with D3 twice a month. You can pick any 2 dates. I picked the 1st and 15th of each month.

Multivitamin should be used once a month and once again you cna pick which date you choose. I picked the 20th.

Hope this helps. Tell the big guy to get better.

well to quickly answer - i use multivitamin once a month as well, and ill go to D3 only twice a month now. and his cage is 18x18x36". as for the help form ill try to post that soon and i will take pics of the cage ASAP as well

i would say a minimum for a for grown adult male veiled would be 24x24x48" and that would also be the minimum for using a 10.0 UVB bulb

if you take him out often to get sunlight there is no need for supplementing with D3

i would say a minimum for a for grown adult male veiled would be 24x24x48" and that would also be the minimum for using a 10.0 UVB bulb

if you take him out often to get sunlight there is no need for supplementing with D3

hes not fully grown yet and his cage is quite more than enough for him now

hes not fully grown yet and his cage is quite more than enough for him now

mate, unless your hand is really really tiny.... he could go for the 48 inch cage.

My Panthers are a tad smaller than that, and they are gonna get moved over in the summer when I can just get two cages at once ( you hear that LLL reptile, im asking for a summer sale price!!!!! :p )

supp schedule seems fine with the d3 changes your making.

you said its hard not rubbery? mmmmmm perhaps he did have a nasty fall and hurt himself, like I said before - while falling is a sign of MBD its not an absolute, sometimes they just misjudge distances and fall like a potato sack.

from your pictures though I would say he appears pretty healthy - minus the taking forever to shed. I would mist more often and consider purchasing a humidity meter to make sure the humidity is just right.

On a personal note, in winters it takes my panthers a while longer to shed because of lower humidity, but two trash bags pretty much solved the issue, of course 3-4 mistings daily of warm water for 3-5 mins helps as well :).

In summer though Cali gets pretty sticky, and I don't think shedding will be an issue for them then.

Best of luck with your guy though, hese looking good :)

mate, unless your hand is really really tiny.... he could go for the 48 inch cage.

My Panthers are a tad smaller than that, and they are gonna get moved over in the summer when I can just get two cages at once ( you hear that LLL reptile, im asking for a summer sale price!!!!! :p )

supp schedule seems fine with the d3 changes your making.

you said its hard not rubbery? mmmmmm perhaps he did have a nasty fall and hurt himself, like I said before - while falling is a sign of MBD its not an absolute, sometimes they just misjudge distances and fall like a potato sack.

from your pictures though I would say he appears pretty healthy - minus the taking forever to shed. I would mist more often and consider purchasing a humidity meter to make sure the humidity is just right.

On a personal note, in winters it takes my panthers a while longer to shed because of lower humidity, but two trash bags pretty much solved the issue, of course 3-4 mistings daily of warm water for 3-5 mins helps as well :).

In summer though Cali gets pretty sticky, and I don't think shedding will be an issue for them then.

Best of luck with your guy though, hese looking good :)

thanks, i guess i just didnt want to buy another cage because i upgraded in January :p but i guess that means hes growing :D and ive been spraying more, its just kinda hard too with school then soccer and blah blah blah, so might go with the trash bag approach :) but about his casque - i really dont know how it happened unless he fell in his sleep :confused: because i dont think MBD happens overnight does it? and his whole body has been hard everytime i take him outside like once a month (im going to start doing it more now)

Back
Top Bottom