Wtf my cham snatched my smoke out of my mouth

Reptofreak

Chameleon Enthusiast
Was bringing Dank outside just now to get some sun and out of nowhere he snatched my unlit cigarette right out of my mouth. I of course immediately snatched it back but he ate about 1/4 of the cigarette. I don’t expect that it will hurt him, at least I really hope not!
6086B78A-0F64-4BFC-ADF1-C5F917613EB4.jpeg

Was bringing Dank outside just now to get some sun and out of nowhere he snatched my unlit cigarette right out of my mouth. I of course immediately snatched it back but he ate about 1/4 of the cigarette. I don’t expect that it will hurt him, at least I really hope not!
I was thinking (humorously) that he may have been trying to tell you something...
...until you said he ate 1/4 of it! :eek: Probably the chemicals they add to make cigarettes more addictive.

Just to be safe, I'd keep an eye on him, and don't get near him with coffee or alcohol. :LOL:

I was thinking (humorously) that he may have been trying to tell you something...
...until you said he ate 1/4 of it! :eek: Probably the chemicals they add to make cigarettes more addictive.

Just to be safe, I'd keep an eye on him, and don't get near him with coffee or alcohol. :LOL:
Yeah no more smokes in my mouth while handling my chams!

In seriousness if he ate some, it will make him very ill. You try eating tobacco, it is a toxin. Anybody that has had to swallow their dip knows.
I don't think it will kill him, but I would do some research. At his size that would be like you eating a whole pack.

From what I just read after four hours if the subject isn’t showing signs of nicotine poisoning than they will most likely be fine, after 16 hours it should be out of their system all together. So far it hasn’t fazed him a bit.

Maybe it is like other toxic plants where the chameleon can't process it enough to cause harm?
No idea bro, just glad it didn’t hurt him. He’s just chillin in his sleeping spot at the moment which is right on for his normal schedule. He has been completely normal all day.
26E5056B-DF8C-4925-8AAA-5AF3E4BD1A1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom