WOW - Has my baby grown up?

little leaf

Avid Member
well, I have never seen Capone go all "big boy" - but when he caught his first sight of Max, the show was ON ! he was f/r -ing the couch-( trying to get to his favorite spot - MY HEAD! and Em walked in with Max on her hand and sat down - they have not seen each other in quite a while - and before no one cared about anyone - he settled pretty fast, but I also had Em take him out of the room- I dont think he was expecting to see another cham on the couch - lol look at his color change ! Firing up is so cool ! he has never really done it before -is it bad for them tho? in a way it kinda made me nervous :eek: :p

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 161
well, I have never seen Capone go all "big boy" - but when he caught his first sight of Max, the show was ON ! he was f/r -ing the couch-( trying to get to his favorite spot - MY HEAD! and Em walked in with Max on her hand and sat down - they have not seen each other in quite a while - and before no one cared about anyone - he settled pretty fast, but I also had Em take him out of the room- I dont think he was expecting to see another cham on the couch - lol look at his color change ! Firing up is so cool ! he has never really done it before -is it bad for them tho? in a way it kinda made me nervous :eek: :p

ive wondered the same thing about firing up, i would have to guess if its from seeing another male cham that may be stressing. what else makes them fire up besides seeing a female??i would really like to know if it is bad for them,or just in certain situations???:confused:

ive wondered that myself..im no cham pro but i wouldnt think that them firing up would be bad. unless it was a constant thing.. many animals will have a display or show off for dominance or territory without actually physically fighting.. lots of fish do and birds as well..in the wild they probably fire up to show the other male im badder than you this is my space or to show a female im badder than him pick me..so i dont think the every now and then display would have adverse affects.. not like per say if they were in the same cage or right next to each other and there was a constant dominance battle going on but hey.. what do i know

hmmmmmmmm - I will go ask in the health dep/ - he can fire up FAST - it was amazing - but if it meant he was scared- I do not want that at all - and Max could care less- but I have noticed Capone is really growing up- he has "test drove" his colors at a few horn worms- but nothing like this - and it was almost as if as soon as he "saw" who it was, he started to calm down, but I dont think he saw Max right away - as soon as Em sat down, he started her way, and then saw Max, and fired up -

hmmmmmmmm - I will go ask in the health dep/ - he can fire up FAST - it was amazing - but if it meant he was scared- I do not want that at all - and Max could care less- but I have noticed Capone is really growing up- he has "test drove" his colors at a few horn worms- but nothing like this - and it was almost as if as soon as he "saw" who it was, he started to calm down, but I dont think he saw Max right away - as soon as Em sat down, he started her way, and then saw Max, and fired up -

pls dont mistaken that i was insuating he was scared...im curious as to your question about firing up also...and he is a good looking boy

pls dont mistaken that i was insuating he was scared...im curious as to your question about firing up also...and he is a good looking boy

no, not at all - :) I dont know if he was scared, I think he was, at first- because it startled him when he saw Max, but then he just got all carried away- it was so fascinating- and funny in a way - he was standing on his tip toes - then he would go up and down- then back up on his toes- it was almost like he was like " OH- look what I can do, I did not know I could do this, lets do it some more " :p - he even kept doing after Max was out of the room- just not as intense - I loved it - but I will avoid it if it can be bad for them -

that would be interesting to watch,even amusing..

it was funny- I felt bad laughing at him if he was really trying to act all big N bad- but the look on his face- it was like he was getting a buzz from it or something - lol I am def/ going to tape it next time, I just had no idea he would do this- he never has before at Max, but like I said, its been a while since the last time he saw him

He really does look fantastic. His colors are so intense. I don't know, I go to Canada for one day & you have chams problems.:rolleyes:

He really does look fantastic. His colors are so intense. I don't know, I go to Canada for one day & you have chams problems.:rolleyes:

lol- its not so much problems- its HORMONES :p I told you what he does to his branches :eek: - he is reallllllly getting some great color- a true living rainbow

Looking good Cheryl! Your baby has turned into a very handsome little man. :)

Thanks Jann :) most of my chams were pretty young when I got them , well, except Olive- lol and it has been so interesting to watch them come in to their adult colors ( AND ATTITUDES :cool: )

Back
Top Bottom