Would this work?

It's a UVB bulb right? It is for reptiles specifically, so I'd just go ahead and say yes, but honestly please wait until someone else confirms it.

This was recommended to me at the pet store. I personally like having their UVB and basking bulbs separate because the chameleon should be able to be under the UVB lighting without getting too warm. I also found that that particular bulb produced too much heat for my terrariums, but that wouldn't be the same for everyone (our house is naturally fairly warm and I need to have the windows open at night to let in cooler air. We don't have air conditioning...)

You'd have to try it out and I would probably wait for someone with a more professional opinion on the matter. Mine would be to get UVB tubes and a nice heating bulb for basking, keeping the two light sources separate.

I used the zoomed powersun before and it was too hot and intense, and it put out too much UVB. It gave my baby veiled eye problems and it was so drying on the plant and cage. You can use it if you have a large enough enclosure and if you elevate it to the proper distance.

I personally use it and like it, BUT everyone is right- it gives off ALOT of heat so it typically can not be too close to the cage in fear of burns\eye problems. Otherwise, I like the simplicity and durability of it. It works for me.

How high do you elevate it?

His light is about 4 inches above the top of his enclosure.
It's about 85-90 at his basking spot (dependent on how recently he was misted). In the winters I had a hard time keeping the heat up- so the large (HOT) bulb worked wonders. Now that its summer, I had to rise it alittle to lessen the heat. I also like that it has a broad range of light- it illuminates the entire cage very nicely :) I also like that I don't have to remember to change multiple lights. Just replace this guy every 6 months and im set :) Like I said before, it isn't for everyone, but it works for me.

Separate uv and basking bulbs are recommended and are better. With these you should still use a linear uv tube alongside it. This allows the chameleon to get uv without having to sit under heat all the time. The chameleon won't always want heat and uv at the same time.

Separate uv and basking bulbs are recommended and are better. With these you should still use a linear uv tube alongside it. This allows the chameleon to get uv without having to sit under heat all the time. The chameleon won't always want heat and uv at the same time.

Very good point.

Back
Top Bottom