worth it?

I think making him available for stud with a "baby back" fee would be a very nice thing you could do to help someone in your area who wants to breed a female. As you own the male, the resulting eggs/animals are not really your responsibility. Obviously it would be great if you knew that the female's owner had good plans for the eggs, and if that owner needs help making plans, it would be great of you to help. Typically, the owner of a stud animal has no responsibilities or rights to the progeny beyond a pre-determined infant or infants as payment.

I think making him available for stud with a "baby back" fee would be a very nice thing you could do to help someone in your area who wants to breed a female. As you own the male, the resulting eggs/animals are not really your responsibility. Obviously it would be great if you knew that the female's owner had good plans for the eggs, and if that owner needs help making plans, it would be great of you to help. Typically, the owner of a stud animal has no responsibilities or rights to the progeny beyond a pre-determined infant or infants as payment.

I've thought about this possibility for when my guy gets bigger. my life style currently (or the foreseeable future) does not really allow for breeding, but it seems like a shame to have one of these spectacular animals and not pass on thier genes. I'd think it would be good for the breeder to as it would put some fresh blood in thier stock with out buying a male.

Back
Top Bottom