Worst setup

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
so this is bad..........:eek::eek:

163156_1715136350617_1004438354_1914057_6874244_n.jpg

167205_1715134710576_1004438354_1914049_2417925_n.jpg

ok not really a setup just my travel tank for vet visits and cage cleanings
im sure a few people gasped......

i would never let a cham live like this:)

lol! you had me going there for a minute! Until I read the end I was thinking that cham looks pretty darn healthy for living in a tank like that!

I would probably choose an opaque container with nothing but a towel in it for traveling. All that stuff could fly around and hit him, and since he can see out it usually just stresses them more. I'd be stressed if I was in a tank with stuff flying around at me and I could see out, but there was an invisible wall!! ;)

I would probably choose an opaque container with nothing but a towel in it for traveling. All that stuff could fly around and hit him, and since he can see out it usually just stresses them more. I'd be stressed if I was in a tank with stuff flying around at me and I could see out, but there was an invisible wall!! ;)

when i have traveled with him i cover the whole thing in a big towel and i drive so carefull it isnt funny no bumps, sudden changes in speed and the plant doesnt go as well as the container and stick are sucure. i dont thinbk he minds it ion there, last trip i threw in a few crickets and when we got to the vet he had eaten 2 on the way, thanks for the tips tho

i would suggest watching it doesnt get too hot in there in the summer, especially if you have it covered. glass heats up pretty quickly.

exo-terra has small travel cages called "explorairums", that would be a good investment come the warmer and hot weather. jmho

This was also my first thought. I would think it is fine for a holding tank while cleaning but not for taking him to the vet.

If you really had a set up like that for your boy I would be on my way to Canada to put the hurt on you.:D:D:D:D:D

That was mean! You scared the crap out of more than a couple of people -- me included!
Having said that, it's still a better habitat than a lot of the ones I see in local petstores
:(

Ive actually seen a full grown mellers being housed in a 10 gallon tank at a reptile show. Poor thing couldnt even turn around:eek:

Shoe boxes make perfect travel cages.

Im with Juli, old shipping boxes that Ive received chams in or shoe boxes make great vet travel cages. If you want to make it even safer for the cham. Put a towel in there to cushion them if they should get jostled around in the car.

I literally felt sick and started shaking and thought I was going to cry when I seen that tank! I've seen some bad set-ups today and that nearly topped me.

I was horrified at first look then confused as to how a Cham looking that good was living in that..way to go hoj nice way to add spice to the end of labor day holiday!

Back
Top Bottom