Worried

What kind of supplements, what lighting do you use?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 46
The basking branch needs to be moved up to 8-9 inches below the light. But to be sure I need specifics of the type of light. You need to add more foliage, it’s very bare. What kind of substrate is on the bottom?

The basking branch needs to be moved up to 8-9 inches below the light. But to be sure I need specifics of the type of light. You need to add more foliage, it’s very bare. What kind of substrate is on the bottom? The substrate is coconut fiber. I don’t know what to buy to be able to bring the branches up. What do you recommend?

Your supplements have too much d3. You need a calcium without d3 for every feeding. You also need to correct some things in your husbandry.. I would fill out the husbandry form with as much detail as possible so someone can go over it with you. Your cham is most likely not getting the appropriate uvb as well. What type of bulb are you using?

Your supplements are wrong and your enclosure is set up wrong. Your chameleon is getting too much vitamin d3 which can have the same symptoms as mbd. Your cham is also not getting the appropriate uvb. What type of bulb are you using?
How else would you recommend setting it up. I don’t know what else to buy

How else would you recommend setting it up. I don’t know what else to buy
You need a ho t5 light bulb. Your basking branch needs to be about 9 inches away from your chameleon. Your cham cannot reach the hotter temps to regulate her temp. You will need a lay bin as well. Tons more foliage and more sticks for your cham to climb and feel secure.

Let me gather some more info to post for you on how to set it up. Here is a pic of the laybin set up and some plants. I’ll have to go over more later because there is quite a bit to fix.

Attachments

• 3D1FC417-5A85-4028-A90A-ADCBFD383D0E.jpeg
    3D1FC417-5A85-4028-A90A-ADCBFD383D0E.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 39
  • A079660E-7706-4890-8266-AC9166FB5516.jpeg
    A079660E-7706-4890-8266-AC9166FB5516.jpeg
    741 KB · Views: 39
You need a ho t5 light bulb. Your basking branch needs to be about 9 inches away from your chameleon. Your cham cannot reach the hotter temps to regulate her temp. You will need a lay bin as well. Tons more foliage and more sticks for your cham to climb and feel secure.
I’m sorry I do have a t5. This is the one I bought. What other plants do you reccomend buying? And what other long branches
6374EBC3-40B5-408D-9302-9BB6A133E77A.jpeg

No worries! Thats good news. Look over some of the stuff @janjan20 posted and you can get to a good start. You will need to buy some calcium without d3 asap.

Back
Top Bottom