Worried about my girl

Panthergirl11

Hate to have to post here but I'm not sure what's wrong with my female panther chameleon. She has this black mark on her side that worries me and has been extending her "chin" all the time.
tenugyna.jpg
ada9ajy6.jpg

have you given her any butterworms lately? When was the last time she laid? She looks pretty big.

Its hard to tell from the pictures. It could be a bruise or a fungal infection. I would take her to a vet to determine the issue. Is it flaky or have fluid?

She's big but I don't think it's eggs. She kinda feels puffy. She had a bin for laying. The black mark is not any different than her normal skin.

Yup her laying bin is in there. I have felt her and she doesn't seem to be carrying eggs. I'm not sure how she would have gotten burnt. She is never near her heat lamp. But I'm not home all the time.

If it isn't left over eggs, could you have maybe made a mistake with your dirt. Used some with a fertilizer in it. Maybe in a rush, grabbed the wrong one? If neither, bad news. VET!:(

So Update. This got way worse and ended up eating away her skin. It spread to both sides. I'm thinking it was a burn and then a fungal infection gone bad. Anyways I treated with that animal wound spray and antibiotic cream for weeks and she is completely healed now, just has a scar. poor baby. But she's back to herself now and getting her colors back.

I used vetericyn. I love that stuff. It helped clear it up really fast and I would spray her with it and rub it in. Then wait for it to dry and put on a layer of antibiotic cream.

Glad to hear it. I have been known to grab the wrong item in a rush. 10.0 instead of 5.0 bulbs, a couple times. I had them have them waiting at the counter for me. Package is somewhat similar. Got to car and realized. Ooh ooh.

Back
Top Bottom