Worried about my chameleon’s health. Dark spot on his belly when sleeping but light when he’s awake??

bluthecham

Hi! I’ve had my chameleon Blu, for about 4 months now and i’m pretty new to all of this. He has a spot on his belly that looks like it could be burned or an infection? When’s he’s asleep it’s darker than the rest of his skin and when he’s awake it stays lighter than the rest of his skin. I feed him crickets mainly and water him multiple times a day. He’s been eating and drinking completely normal and he is still feisty, so he’s not acting sick. He did shed about a week and half ago and idk if it could possibly be shed that got stuck? Any advice would help, idk if i should take him to the vet or not:(

Attachments

• 62488F64-8EE3-4756-B4C4-C4AE249DCBB8.jpeg
    62488F64-8EE3-4756-B4C4-C4AE249DCBB8.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 9D2CA08E-7499-425D-A6ED-BDA970CF9C11.jpeg
    9D2CA08E-7499-425D-A6ED-BDA970CF9C11.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 130
  • 43A0BCEA-EFFB-4686-A05A-FFB389AADE05.jpeg
    43A0BCEA-EFFB-4686-A05A-FFB389AADE05.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 129
  • F81AA013-B497-46DB-A217-85DE0F3BF742.jpeg
    F81AA013-B497-46DB-A217-85DE0F3BF742.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 128
Hmmm. Does he hang from the ceiling under the lights?

I see a few things in the pics that stand out. I would fill out the help form below by copy pasting it into your response. Be very detailed answering all the questions and post pics of the entire enclosure including the lighting on top.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Hmmm. Does he hang from the ceiling under the lights?

I see a few things in the pics that stand out. I would fill out the help form below by copy pasting it into your response. Be very detailed answering all the questions and post pics of the entire enclosure including the lighting on top.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
Yes he crawls on to the top of the cage a lot. That’s why I was thinking it was a burn! I try to keep the keep light in the middle away from the tops of his plants. And thank you i’ll fill that out!

This appears to be a burn but a vet check for fungal infection wouldn't hurt either. Until you can get an appointment I would use SS cream without any numbing agents in it. This is the silver sulfidizine (sp) burn cream

Back
Top Bottom