Worm Sizes???

Cleis85

On georgia bug they have the worms listed in size of small, med., large. Does anyone know how big the worms actually are in inches? I wanted to get some silkys and maybe some horn worms but I'm not sure what size to get and how big they are. Thanks for the help!

I ALWAYS order small hornworms because they grow BIG very fast. How old are your chams? Mine are both adults or close to being adult so I get med. silkworms. Jann

My mellers is still a juvenile, hes about 4 inches in length (body)... how big are the med. silk worms? If your feeding them to your almost adult chams I'm assuming I should get the smalls.

I jus got an order about a week ago and the med. worms where about an inch....The smalls pretty much jus came out the egg...in mine the egg cases where still in the container with them...i dont order large too often but they are probably 2 inches

On georgia bug they have the worms listed in size of small, med., large. Does anyone know how big the worms actually are in inches? I wanted to get some silkys and maybe some horn worms but I'm not sure what size to get and how big they are. Thanks for the help!

Why dont you ask the vendor, georgia bug ? surely they can tell you the size range for small, for medium and for large? Certainly the place I get them from is very careful to disclose the size, give or take a mm. 12mm (.5inch) Small; 25mm (1inch)Medium; 50mm (2inch) Large; 62mm+ Jumbo (2.5-3.5 inches).

I usually order a medium worm for adult male panther chameleons, small for the females. The hornworms go quickly, so if you're not sure order on the small side (presuming your vendor provides enough food to grow them up a bit, or that you have some on hand yourself)

I tried asking georgia bug but I never go an email response back? but my mellers is about 4.5 inches now and I'm going to start adding more to his diet besides the crickets i gutload. I just was not sure about what size to get but the smalls, being that they are .5" in length sound about right, 1" might be pushing it right now. But hey, if he doesn't decide to eat any of them or they are to big my Tegu will eat anything lol:D And thanks for the info guys!

Back
Top Bottom