Worm in his throat

My chameleon just had necrosis on his tongue but now because it’s hard to chew there is a worm in his throat I tried to get a picture but it is too hard. What should I do to get it out. I was wondering why he wasn’t eating and that it why.

• I have a chameleon for 2 years it’s is 3 years old male Veiled Chameleon
  • I handle my chameleon every day and always make sure it is healthy
  • I’m feeding him meal worms and 3 for breakfast 3 for lunch I turn on the lights at 8 am and give food at 9 am turn off at 9:00 but give food at 8:00 pm Every month I put in a powder for my gut load feeders so my chameleon can stay healthy.
  • the brand I use is Mazuri Better Bug Gut Loading Diet, 8 oz. and is used once a month​

• I used to use a mister but it broke so I swapped to just spraying with a spray bottle. When I used to have the mister I would mist for 2 minutes. But with spray I only spray for 45 seconds. I don’t really see my chameleon drinking because I always leave the room, is that a problem?
  • My chameleon has always been healthy and never been tested for parasites but now I’m just not sure.
  • My chameleon has always been healthy and never let me pick him up but now he is tired and I can pick him up without him yelling because of the problem. His eyes were always open but now they’re not. And there is something sticking out I’m not sure if it is his tongue or not because it is black. It might be a worm but it’s not coming out the mouth.

• I have a screen chameleon cage and the dimensions are 16 x 16 x 30 inches.
  • I use a desert day and night lighting kit but instead of a red blue it is purple. My schedule is on at 8 am off at 9 pm
  • I’m not sure about the temperature but I know my chameleon always stands at the top of the branch to get in the light but now not really.
  • The humidity is alright because the water is sprayed mostly everywhere so it can stay moist - The level is about high. I use a humidity cauge pressure analog
  • I use fake plant but real wood inside my dome.
  • I placed the dome in the right corner of my room next to the windows. It is placed on a mini desk so it is halfway up to the roof and half way down to the floor.
  • I’m located in LA

In your other thread...(BTW...you should only make one thread about the same issue so we can follow what's going on)...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-black-tongue-closed-eyes.186867/#post-1728136
...this is why I asked you how you thought he would be able to eat until the tongue either fell off or was amputated....with the tongue in his mouth, how could he swallow properly or even chew without biting his tongue?

I think you need to see the vet to get the worm out... and while you're there, get the tongue amputated so he won't have this problem and die from it.

BTW...when you get the tongue amputated IMHO it needs to be amputated right at the end of the hyoid bone or your chameleon may struggle with eating after that too. You need a good chameleon vet.

In your other thread...(BTW...you should only make one thread about the same issue so we can follow what's going on)...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-black-tongue-closed-eyes.186867/#post-1728136
...this is why I asked you how you thought he would be able to eat until the tongue either fell off or was amputated....with the tongue in his mouth, how could he swallow properly or even chew without biting his tongue?

I think you need to see the vet to get the worm out... and while you're there, get the tongue amputated so he won't have this problem and die from it.

BTW...when you get the tongue amputated IMHO it needs to be amputated right at the end of the hyoid bone or your chameleon may struggle with eating after that too. You need a good chameleon vet.
nevermind he’s fine it was breakfast from the morning he swallowed it he is good at eating it is just very slow at it

Back
Top Bottom