Working with dehydrated cham

camimom

So, my mistking tube was pinched for several days, and Nogah suffered for it.

hes dehydrated, and surrently keeps his eyes shut off and on, he can and will open them, but not for long periods of time.

Im looking for any suggestions to help rehydrate him.

Ive already done showers and super long mistings. But any other suggestions would be nice.

20140108_084551[1].jpg

20140108_084643[1].jpg

I would suggest long misting sessions. If does not make him drink i'd try dripping water on his nose..if that does not work i'd resort to hydrating using a pipette or needle-less syringe. Good luck

He gets showers and super long mistings, but he takes 20 minutes to stop drinking, i swear hes acting like a montane.

im going to get some pedialyte i think, maybe some reptiboost.

and no hornworms are not a viable option, as its way to cold to ship.

Sunken eyes are a sign the animal is sick and not just simply dehydrated. Unfortunately that seems to get passed on as gospel on this and other forums.

Nogah should not look that ill if he didn't have water for two days so I suspect something else is going on with him which could have been triggered by the stress of colder temperatures and bad weather we have been having here in North America. I'd take him to the vet for bloodwork.; that will give your answer.

Hey there camimom did you ever figure out a good way to get you cham rehydrated? I'm dealing with a similar issue with my 4 month old veiled... I think he's just mildly dehydrated at the moment... no sunken eyes or anything yet, but I'm trying to prevent it from getting to that point. One of my big issues is that my little guy is extremely aggressive and gets very stressed if I try to handle him so using a syringe isn't a great option. :confused:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that... I've been there twice with Chams. It's never easy... my heart goes out to you. I do appreciate the advice. Hopefully it'll help get my little guy back to proper health.

Awww, I am so sorry, I know you must be very upset :(

That's just terrible! I dont understand why he should have died that quickly.

:( i'm so sorry about your loss camimom.... You've helped me quite a bit with my needs for my chams.... I hope you're doing alright

Awww, I am so sorry, I know you must be very upset :(

That's just terrible! I dont understand why he should have died that quickly.

There may have been an underlying cause, who knows.

:( i'm so sorry about your loss camimom.... You've helped me quite a bit with my needs for my chams.... I hope you're doing alright

Im doing ok. for now. Just hoping his eggs are viable.

Back
Top Bottom